What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Eivind Aarset - Dream Logic

Eivind Aarset (Guitars, Bass Guitar, Electronics, Percussion, Samples, Programming) and Jan Bang (Samples, Dictaphone, Programming).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Eivind and Jan and this beautiful album! …they are sounding so mighty fine.

3 Likes

A masterpiece that simply requires a periodic visit in order to make me feel good.

14 Likes

51NUeB7SF9L.AC_SX425

Chiara Civello, Last Quarter Moon

1 Like

1 Like

Genesis, abacab, cd rip

tbh I’m not a fan of this album… I just grabbed the first thing that came up whilst looking for something better to play.

5 Likes

For fans of the Doobie and Allman brothers with a bit of Boz Scaggs thrown in and a bunch of Steely Dan sidemen.

Les Dudek from 1976

7 Likes

Starting the day off on a mellow note,great interpretations by Mr. Garson.Got package with book and cd signed,in case anyone’s wondering what the scribble on cover is .

7 Likes

Something different to prepare for a long session of Conference Calls

7 Likes

Chris Isaak. Wicked game. 1991. Not played this in a while. He might have a lovely voice but my he was one ugly so and so :sunglasses:

10 Likes

If Chris Isaak is ugly then there is absolutely no hope for me in the modelling business!

5 Likes

Not my favourite Dexy’s effort when I bought it on release,but listening today it sounds better than I remember.

4 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - Travels / 1986 ECM / Germany 2 x CD / ECM 1252/53

Excellent sound and music on this ECM recording.

13 Likes

My first for the day, and with an influx of grandkids arriving tomorrow might be the last few hours of peace for a few days. Kicking off with XTC Wasp Star (Apple Venus pt2).

6 Likes

You should wear your Fez more often when you are out😉

7 Likes

Eagles Hell freezes over.

14 Likes

Ugly,. I’m not a good judge so I checked with Mrs Pete and daughter number 1, they both think his rather hot ( I wouldn’t believe Mrs Pete though she married me).

3 Likes

The John Coltrane Quartet Plays…

Chim Chim Cheree is not as bad as you might imagine (this is Coltrane after all), but the solos on Brazilia are exceptional examples of free improvisation that actually works, especially notable in my view is that from McCoy Tyner. Nature Boy is a beautiful melody and this is a fine interpretation.

10 Likes

The Waterboys - Fisherman’s Box CDs 1 & 2 - WAV CD rip
Morning listening, the first 2 discs of this box-set, fantastic selection of the sessions that became Fisherman’s Blues. Dylan covers, unreleased songs, early versions of the songs from the album. A fascinating insight into Mike Scott’s progression from the early Waterboys to the later, and joyous music, the 7 CDs are all wonderful music in their own right and for any Waterboys lover a great way to see their growth.

7 Likes

Bach’s Goldberg Variations Glenn Gould, 1955 recording. CD.

I needed to loosen up a little.

6 Likes

War The World is a Ghetto

6 Likes