What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Play it loud!

3 Likes

Now that’s a band I never thought I’d see posted here.

Anouar Brahem. The astounding eyes of Rita. I needed a change of pace and @seakayaker had the answer. Beautiful

2 Likes

7 Likes

Sorry :smirk:

B.B. King - Blues on the Bayou

Regarded by King as one of his favourite albums to record and in own words “All live, all real. No overdubs, no high-tech tricks. Just basic blues."

16 Likes

On Hols, streaming this from a phone via Bluetooth. Sounds fine.

hqdefault

10 Likes

Eric Clapton - Just One Night, superbly recorded at The Budokan, the venue for many a live album.

15 Likes

Daddy Longlegs - Oakdown Farm - Tidal 16/44
Played by @AndyP a couple of days ago, as he said there is a Wurzels style number, some Band style Americana, I’d say there are also a couple of tracks which are a blend of Sweetheart of the Rodeo Byrds with the Bonzos. Very fine playing throughout. A fun album, I’m surprised I’ve never heard it before.

1 Like

This is a fine album that certainly challenges a person to remain seated.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing this album by Mighty Baby - these guys were around in the 60’s then lived at the same Sufi commune as Richard & Linda Thompson working as their live backing band for a while. In a similar vein to Daddy Longlegs.

2 Likes

11 Likes

3 Likes

Well playing the recent Dion album, blues with friends, i was rather taken by his duet with many, but also this lady. Lots of influences, but great voice.

1 Like

Elton John - Sleeping With The Past, Reg’s self confessed take on 60/70’s R&B, includes the brilliant “Sacrifice”.

5 Likes

Brilliant record, was playing the same remastered version over the weekend.

I do believe Mr SK that your musical horizons are broadening, good on ya!

1 Like

Since I’ve always been of the opinion that Led Zep were the greatest live band ever to exist, LZ boots have long formed a major part of my musical diet. This is an EVSD classic from the 1975 tour (Seattle 21st March). It’s a soundboard tape so is a little dry, but SQ is very good and it’s a majestic performance with JPJ particularly on awesome form.

It’s 3 1/2 hours long and 90 minutes of that is taken up with just 3 songs, “Dazed & Confused”, “Moby Duck” and “No Quarter”.

Tracklist:

|1-1|Rock And Roll
|1-2|Sick Again
|1-3|Over The Hills And Far Away
|1-4|In My Time Dying
|1-5|The Song Remains The Same
|1-6|Rain Song
|1-7|Kashmir
|2-1|No Quarter
|2-2|Since I Been Loving You
|2-3|Trampled Under Foot
|3-1|Moby Duck
|3-2|Dazed And Confused
|4-1|Stairway To Heaven
|4-2|Whole Lotta Love/The Crunge
|4-3|Black Dog
|4-4|Communication breakdown
|4-5|Heartbreaker

11 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Romaria

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz ( 96/24)… returning home from a run up to Skagit Valley to pick up some fresh fruit, vegetables, and honey from the Pleasant Ridge Farm in Mount Vernon then over to Anacortes for lunch and then down to the south end of Cammano Island to walk around Cama Beach State Park. Busy day but nice to return home to some music and get ready for today’s exercise routine. Andy and the talented members of this quartet are sounding sublime! I really enjoy this album…

5 Likes