What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’d forgotten I had this astonishing album from 2018. One of the world’s best female guitarists (or best guitarists, full stop!)

4 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald - The Lost Berlin Tapes

I’d just finished that and listened to the YouTube clip above, posted by @TheKevster, of Mary Halvorson. I guess that’ll be next.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Why, first, some time ago, a conversation, “…if you like Yello, try this…”, then a mention in a review, finally being told that Linn use it as a test/demo. I felt the need to find out.
A month or so ago the CD was listed for £40 and I said “No”. Then I found it for £3.99.
It’s not unpleasant, probably needs to be played a bit louder but the neighbour is home.
Would I play it again. Yes.

The Saw Doctors - Sing A Powerful Song

A great best of from Tuam’s finest and a collection of songs that always leaves a great big smile on my face

4 Likes

Brahms , all four symphonies on 1975 vinyl. Sublime.

5 Likes

16 Likes

Gong - Angel’s Egg

6 Likes

Emilie-Claire Barlow - The Beat Goes On

1 Like

On Vinyl:

12 Likes

On Bandcamp.

Atb
Kk

Charlie Parker - In a Soulful Mood

I was reading another thread about the Savoy tapes and felt inclined to have some Birdsong playing here.

4 Likes

Nicola Conte - Jet Sounds Revisited / 2002 Schema / Italy CD / SCCD 330

Adding colours via sounds on this grayscale day - playing this great remix CD.

Creed - My Own Prison

Some quality metal in the style of Pearl Jam. Turning it up loud to ward off those urges for an afternoon nap!

1 Like

A newly-acquired CD featuring Pietro Gallo (piano), Dario Savino Doronzo (flugelhorn) and Michel Godard (serpent) reinterpreting operatic arias by the likes of Verdi, Puccini, Monteverdi, Parisotti and others.

It’s rather lovely – perfect to work to, too.

With a stellar bunch of the session playing elite.

Contains the track every rock fan knows ‘Stone Fox Chase’

10 Likes

On Vinyl:
ELO - The light shines on

4 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in yonks. Great call, Andy!

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Penguin Cafe Orchestra

8 Likes