What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

70352-a7c2b9f9c1035dea9d6424ff25baa752
Downloadable now from their web site.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the music from the Qobuz stream. No negative comments…

2 Likes

What is left to do during the second closure period-
Cooking, walking (to lose weight from food …) and working (from home)-

14 Likes

Queen + Adam Lambert

Live Around The World

Edward

2 Likes

The Death of Marat has a lot to answer for…

5 Likes

Lol !!!

Now playing…

Amina Alaoui - Arco Iris

Amina Alaoui (vocals, daf), Saïfallah Ben Abderrazak (violin), Sofiane Negra (oud), José Luis Montón (flamenco guitar), Eduardo Miranda (mandolin) and Idriss Agnel (percussion, electric guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with the beautiful voice of Amina Alaoui and the very talented group of musicians performing with her on this album. This is one sweet album and puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a spin!

3 Likes

@Alanm1 I’ve got not the remixed or remastered but the repainted version - you must have got an old bench version.

13 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

Well that’s interesting.

The cover immediately made me think of Kate Bush’s Babooshka video for some reason.

A quick search and I turned up:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 17.08.03

The Fallen Angel art was by Chris Achilleos.

…and of course the pi$$ take classic:

8 Likes

Gary Numan | Savage | 2017
This one came as a surprise for me when it was released, an unexpectedly fine album from an artist that I’d payed little attention to in recent years. Good stuff.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Oded Tzur - Translator’s Note

Oded Tzur (tenor saxophone), Shai Maestro (piano), Petros Klampanis (bass) and Ziv Ravitz (drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this fine album from Oded and this very talented quartet and they are sounding so sweet!

4 Likes

Hi Andy,

I believe this is a newer version - it mentions Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI. Discogs tells me it’s 2012 and a limited edition which seems a bit odd as I bought it 2-3 months ago. It’s a gatefold and definitely 180 gram.
My photography is poor on this and I cropped out the hand trying to get it onto the iPhone. The colours are not correct, It looks like the one you added beneath it. First time I noticed she has her fingers crossed.
Still sounds great though.

Regards
Alan

2 Likes

On Vinyl:

6 Likes

5 Likes

A little cheating on a very wet Friday.
Selected genre then jazz and queued up to play. Kazoo picks first 1000 tracks (I think BubbleUPnP does over 4000 which 24/7 would play for over a week).
Selected “shuffle”.
Already had some Dixieland, Charlie Christian, Erroll, Tatum, Miles, Blakey, Milt, Ray Brown, Metheny, Louis, Dinah, Chris Barber, Diana Krall, Sidney Bechet, Ellington, Brubeck, Coltrane …
Good way of checking out your library and being surprised !

1 Like

Now playing…

Oded Tzur - Here Be Dragons

Oded Tzur (Tenor Saxophone), Nitai Hershkovits (Piano), Petros Klampanis (Double Bass), Johnathan Blake (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Oded and this lovely quartet and they are sounding mighty sweet! …opening track ‘Here Be Dragons’ is simply lovely.

2 Likes

Guillaume de Chassy - Letters to Marlene

2 Likes

3 Likes