What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Eric Clapton - Another Ticket, includes the talents of Gary Brooker and Albert Lee.

8 Likes

On CD:

11 Likes

Alton Ellis Studio One classic for a Sunday Afternoon
R-7287961-1590525934-7112.jpeg

3 Likes

Followed by

His debut for Bethlehem I think and the first time I’ve heard it. Despite the “Micro Cosmic Sound” it’s quite a straight ahead bluesy affair. Contains his playing of Stormy Weather very apt for a wind n rain battered Dread Mansions today
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… dropping back in time and kicking off this Sunday morning with Nebraska released 38 years ago and Bruce is sounding mighty sweet!

21 Likes

A fantastic compilation! Rolling Stones, Hot Rocks 1964-71.

17 Likes

Really enjoying this latest from The Boss. The E Street Band are firing on all cylinders, fans will not be disappointed. Good songs too.

17 Likes

12 Likes

Joni with the London Philarmonic, just brilliant!

20 Likes

Curved Air | Second Album | 1971
Good old prog rock from nearly fifty years ago with lot’s of electric violin adding to the moog and of course Sonja Kristina’s distinctive voice and looks that grabbed the attention of many an adolescent back in the day.

10 Likes

Bob James and Earl Klugh. One on One. Vinyl half speed mastered. Won a Grammy in 1981.

7 Likes

Another first time listen for me. This Bob Brookmeyer 1958 recording of early tunes associated with Kansas City like Jumpin At The Woodside. Very entertaining and good Mono sound from this Pure Pleasure mastering
R-5165729-1559918949-5330.png
:grinning:

4 Likes

What hidden gems these recordings were. Thankfully they now see the light of day. The sound is fabulous from a really strong performance. Highly recommended for any Ella fans

19 Likes

24 Likes

Julia Fordham - epon.

The Karousel certainly sorts out the percussion on Happy Ever After.

8 Likes

Rick Wakeman had worked with Bowie during the Space Oddity sessions and impressed him to the extent that he offered him a job. I guess the money was better in the Strawbs, although he turned up again to play on Hunky Dory.

2 Likes

Need some joy to counter the first early dark day.

I know, two brilliantly talented old geezers jamming for fun. Lightbulb moment tidy it up add a few Brit jazzers to flesh it out - bingo!

8 Likes

Wife now getting me into The Boss

12 Likes

Adia Victoria - silences

1 Like

Dog My Cat | 2001
The rather wonderful and unique Harry Manx doing his thing live on this occasion. Totally recommended for those who have not yet imbibed his blues meets Indian ragas style.

1 Like