What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

And then, I believe, Bowie offered him a job in the Spiders from Mars, but a better/simultaneous offer came in from Yes.

1 Like

Haven’t listened to this for a couple of years but playing it now I wondered why not (probably the same as everyone else, too many albums to listen to!) as it’s pretty good and Holly doesn’t seem to pop up in this thread so often.

7 Likes

Financially (artistic depends on your view) Rick probably made the right decisions as the Spiders never got paid much.

1 Like

Now playing…

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars – Songs From The Film

Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), atti-Scialfa (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Joanna-Maurer (Violin, Concertmaster), Annaliesa Place (Violin), Elizabeth Lim-Dutton (Violin), Emma Sutton (Violin), Joyce Hammann (Violin), Laura Lutze (Violin), Maggie Gould (Violin), Monica Davis (Violin), Robin-Zeh (Violin), Celia Hatton (Viola), Maurycy Banaszek (Viola), Will Frampton (Viola), Barry Danielian (Trumpet), Curt Ramm (Trumpet), Charlie Giordano (Piano, Organ, Accordion), Marc Muller (Pedal Steel Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Acoustic Guitar), Rob Mathes (Keyboards, Piano), Henry Hey (Keyboards), Rachel Drehmann (French Horn), Zohar Schondorf (French Horn), Ben Butler (Electric Guitar, Banjo), Gunnar Olsen (Drums), Alan Stepansky (Cello), Andrew Janss (Cello), Maureen McDermott (Cello), Kaveh Rastegar (Bass Guitar), Lisa Lowell (Backing Vocals), Soozie Tyrell (Backing Vocals), Surrenity XYZ (Backing Vocals), Vaneese Thomas (Backing Vocals),

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Bruce, Pattie and friends on the “Western Stars - Songs From The Movie” album. One sweet album and sounding sublime!

11 Likes

But she has got, waaay better albums! Especially her Tom Waits tribute ‘Temptation’

2 Likes

Bit of cool Memphis Soul

:grinning:

11 Likes

Butterworth, Parry and Bridge. CD. Sunday night relaxation with a glass or two.

81KmgEkJ7wL.SS500 download (2)

8 Likes

Van Morrison - A Sense of Wonder streaming on Qobuz. Got loads of VM albums. How did I miss this one?

16 Likes

Thought I join you. Very enjoyable. Wife’s loving Qobuz

9 Likes

Enjoyed
Bruce Springsteen - Springsteen on Broadway with the chat and his stories - great insight.

10 Likes

Joanna Newsom - YS

On Vinyl

3 Likes

That’s tomorrow nights listening sorted. Been listening to his radio 2 show recently. :+1:

Not my favorite Gardot album…

4 Likes

A quick break from Bruce listening. Glad I got this - a record store day release of something that would normally set you back hundreds of pounds as only ever released before in 1970 in Japan. Great pressing and excellent music.

JJ Johnson and Kai Winding Stonebone and a line up featuring Herbie Hancock, Bob James, Ron Carter and George Benson

4 Likes

Consider disco well and truly revived. Already in 2020 we’ve had Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware and Jessy Lanza nostalgically turning back the clock to a comparatively carefree pre-Covid time of mirrorballs and late night boogie-ing, creating records that could easily have fallen through a time capsule. Now, flamboyant Irish outsider Róisín Murphy is back to claim her throne as queen of the dancefloor, delivering a decade-in-the-making discofied album full of pulsating feel-good anthems. And it’s an instant classic.

3 Likes

Was going through some older sections of the collection and decided on this one. Not listened to in a long time.

1 Like

Now playing…

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing through the noon hour with an album I have not given a spin for awhile and the ‘The Blue Nile’ is sounding mighty sweet at the moment!

16 Likes

Like this music, it’s called lyrical pieces which is a very correct description. Denis plays with the right touch…

2 Likes

1 Like

The Thorns. CD. Their only album and very CSNY, and songs of real beauty imho.

Matthew Sweet, Shawn Mullins and Pete Droge. CD comes with studio and acoustic versions. Prefer acoustic.

8 Likes