What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Quiet evening with a glass of red and thoughtful music.

13 Likes

Caravan - In The Land Of Grey and Pink

20 Likes

Leonard Cohen - Greatest Hits

Feeling lazy so went for the greatest hits rather than decide exactly which album/songs I wanted.

20 Likes

Beggars Banquet on SACD, sounding awesome.

24 Likes

Some more older electronic tunes.

10 Likes

The only vinyl copy of a BTO album I managed to keep. No idea where the rest went. Top stuff!

1 Like

6 Likes

Beautiful music making - Weinberg Symphonies 2 and 21 conducted by Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla and Gidon Kremer

5 Likes

Played this earlier, what a great set!

2 Likes

Been a bit of Bruce Springsteen love-a-thon over night. Mans a legend.

5 Likes

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure.

Roxy Music - Avalon.

Roxy Music - Flesh and Blood.

S’ been something of a Ferryfest today, here at Chez Dave.

Nothing wrong with a bit of smooth, lounge lizard, choons.

26 Likes

More from the ‘archives’.

11 Likes

Just listening now too. Agreed, bit too schmaltzy with all the strings. To quote a review I remember from way back of the second Dire Straits album, so laid back it is virtually horizontal…

1 Like

Ian Gillan And The Javelins , an album of songs drawn from the bands’ setlist cica '63, and it’s a bit of harmless fun.

2 Likes

Bjork - Medulla

12 Likes

Indeed. Played the new album again this evening and loved it. Sad thing is that much of it would sound so great live and they were clearly planning another world tour this year and I would then have gone and got my Bruce live fix with my two daughters who have been to a good few Bruce shows with me. Maybe next year…
We also watched the Apple TV documentary on the album the other evening and found it very touching.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to watch the doco as soon as our visitors leave. :grin:

Get them out of the door quick!!

Don’t worry I’m trying :+1:

1 Like

By the way just realized that’s music from two other albums I have already from him, a bit of a shame as he hasn’t got a huge collection, and of course I wouldn’t have spent money on it if I had known…