What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Such a shame Eric, after exploiting Black Blues music and doing very well, revealed himself to be a racist.
Just saying, no offence intended to you

4 Likes

Coltrane. A Love Supreme. CD. New. 1st play. To see what all the fuss is about.

41mpxKRshpL.AC_SX466

14 Likes

18 Likes

You like?

Couldn’t agree more Graeme.

1 Like

11 Likes

It’s EW&F, so no other reason needed:

16 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - The Door

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Guitar, Vibraphone), Jon Balke (Piano, Fender Rhodes), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass, Guitar), Audun Kleive (Drums, Percussion) and Stian Carstensen (Pedal Steel Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with Mathias’s “The Door” which is sounding so sublime. A lot of synergy with the musicians on this album and and if you have not given this a listen then you are missing out… one very sweet album!

6 Likes

And magnificent cover art.

1 Like

This is an impressive album and as you say all played by Nat in lockdown…

My favourite Eick

Well a few posts…u know who u are. I bought a cassette back in the day when this track was a single , but the rest of the album, was so, so. Well 40 years or so later…just great.

7 Likes

It’s a solid release just doesn’t change their formula too much.

3 Likes

Incredible band live. Relentless energy and quick fire songs. In spite of badly behaved audience.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed this one. The Thompson Clan!

3 Likes

Having read his autobiography and several other accounts of Eric there’s more I don’t like about him than I do at least from his early life. He treated women, and friends generally abdominally, his apparent excuse being his rejection by his mother, well him and many others. At the time of the Enoch incident he was so stoned he wasn’t able to rationalise, this went to the point of letting his paying audiences down, being in the wrong time and key, and falling over on stage. It was all the more ironic as at the time he had a black girlfriend. However, there’s another side. When Cream had a hit with I’m So Glad on a tour of the USA he went off on his own to find Skip James by then living in obscurity to ensure that he (James) received his royalties. He similarly lifted Buddy Guy and Muddy Walters from the same obscurity. More recently his work in funding the Crossroads rehabilitation centre is commendable, and he supports many charitable causes.

What he said can’t in anyway be excused but I think that he’s proved he’s not a racist.

Regards,

Lindsay

5 Likes

Very nice trio

2 Likes

I was falling asleep. One beer and I am gone :smiley:
What better way to wake up to some of the best synthesizer music I know?
Play loud! Wife may enjoy it too even if the kids don’t…

13 Likes

Time to take a beak from EW&F for some very fine late Ellington:

6 Likes