What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

A while since I’ve listened to this excellent album.

12 Likes

Birdy - Beautiful Lies

1 Like

This is a good un, hes also got an album on the ever excellent Gearbox label but I’ve yet to hear that one

1 Like

Freya Ridings

1 Like

King King - Standing in the Shadows
Solid British Blues rock with the Nimmo brothers.

5 Likes

Thanks will check it out…

Maggie Reilly - Heaven Sent
Best known for her lengthy collaboration with Mike Oldfield. Standout folk pop rock album.

5 Likes

Jerry Garcia. Garcia. Debut solo album 1972 includes “To lay me down “

8 Likes

Olive Brown - Empress of the Blues
Compilation featuring 10 tracks from three 70’s Jazzology albums and an additional 7 tracks from ‘72, recorded live at the King Cotton Hotel in Memphis. A fine blues/jazz album from a singer who didn’t get the recognition she deserved.

5 Likes

@enn Available on Bandcamp & cheaper !?

Margo Price - That’s How Rumors Get Started

5 Likes

Another really good album by Eivor. Some of you might have heard trax of hers in the BBC The Last Kingdom series.

2 Likes

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart

Lisa Mills - I’m Changing

Two fine songstresses!

11 Likes

Booked Maggie a few times for live gigs with her original band Cado Belle. Those were the days. My fav track of hers is September off the ep Cado Belle released after their first album came out. The album was a big disappointment as they suffered from poor productions values on it.

Stuart McKillop from the band left to work with ABBA.

1 Like

Jacco Gardner, Somnium, bandcamp

Not his best, IMHO. Baroque pop. Random selection.

Lisa Mills - I’m Changing and TIF,
Lisa is a superb singer, guitarist and songwriter. Lisa and “Evangeline” just make sublime music.

4 Likes

B54CBE0D-F03E-472F-8066-BF52552BECAE-5472-000005B24A54B85A

4 Likes

Is it B&W female albums day chez Nigel? What’s next? I’ve been thinking, but can’t think of another.

1 Like

The Dandelion, Seeds Flowers and Magical Powers of The Dandelion, bandcamp

Mainly 'cause bandcamp said if you like Jacco Gardner then you’ll like these. Well I can see the similarity in style, both bands have hints of the 60’s psychedelic, but on first play I’m not convinced that I like The Dandelion that much.

1 Like