What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I can’t argue with that. And I’ll avoid the you tube suggestion until a day when I’ve nothing planned…

Which, actually, feels like most days really…

1 Like

Playing at the moment. I deliberately waited until today too!

1 Like

My album of the year in 2019 (but you already knew that)

Not heard anything close in 2020, but then 2020 has had more than that against it !

6 Likes

Some cool, funky Hammond stuff going on here.

4 Likes

Danny Schmidt - Standard Deviation- Tidal 16/44
Noticed a 2019 release I’d missed, and yet more very high quality folk. A couple of intensely personal yet general songs about newborns, a wonderful powerful song about Dylan going electric, superb songwriting, excellent playing and brilliant interpretations. Bandcamp here I come.

4 Likes

5 Likes

David Crosby, Graham Nash and Neil Young - Heart of Gold Live CD 1 - WAV CD rip
Crosby and Nash doing a benefit gig in 1972, joined by their mate Neil as a surprise guest. Some of the best folk rock songs of the time sung by their writers, great gig, pretty good sound quality from an FM broadcast.
From a fantastic value 10 disc Neil Young boot set.

10 Likes

I’ve been meaning to listen properly to this lady for quite some time now.

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Cross My Palm With Silver

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Yonathan Avishai (Piano), Barak Mori (Double Bass) and Nasheet Waits (Drums).

Streaming on Qobus (88.2/44)… returning home from a long walk through the neighborhood with my wife and continuing on this afternoon with another of Avishai’s albums, a fine quartet and they are sounding mighty sweet! I really enjoy this album…

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Time

Jakob Bro (guitar), Bill Frisell (guitar), Lee Konitz (alto saxophone) and Thomas Morgan (bass).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on into the late afternoon with Jakob and taking this fabulous quartet out for a spin. Having Jakob and Bill on an album together is a real treat and love their playing style and interplay. This is one very sweet album!

5 Likes

The only Danish band I can think of is Gnags, and I only know them because a long-ago gf was a big fan (they were based in her home town). To my ears, at the time, they sounded like a Nordic Talking Heads. A quick Google search shows that they’re still around, after 50+ years - impressive!

2 Likes

Can recommend this excellent singer/songwriter, Alex Cornish. This is his new release. Also check out his earlier stuff: Hang On the Word (see “You’re not really there”) and No Shore. He’s supported Alison Moyet (at the Royal Albert Hall no less) and Tom McRae.

3 Likes

Three musicians at the top of their game, that’s why!

13 Likes

2 tracks, early Gregory Porter vibe

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough for posting this guy up here. I have been a crazy Mike Oldfield fan for all of my life, but now as he has scaled down his composing, I have been greatly missing such kind of new music. Robert is thus a great find and although one could say he is just copying MO, he is doing it very well indeed. I am extatic…
It is sad that there is only this one album available in Tidal, but I am going order all his cd-s from Amazon for sure.
This is a fantastic thread here, I have found a lot of good music I have never heard before.

Kim Wilde - Here Come The Aliens
Thanks to @Alley_Cat for the recommendation.

6 Likes

Joni Mitchell - For the Roses

Just loving listening to this again.

There is something unpredictable about the way these Naim systems deliver the music. These days I leave it alone apart from some contact cleaning. It matures in its own way in its own time. Today this sounds very special.

Phil

11 Likes

I’m With Her - See You Around
Folk supertrio of Sara Watkins, Aoife O’Donovan and Sarah Jarosz
Thanks to @patk for recommending this superb album

8 Likes

Has just turned up on vinyl all the way from Spain !

Looking forward to listening this evening.

1 Like