What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Jelly Jelly!

1 Like

Tubby Hayes - Mexican Green

Starting the new year with one of my best discoveries of the last. The track entitled Trenton Place features Tubby on flute. It’s gorgeous - the kind of piece which could just as easily have been recorded by Caravan or Camel.

7 Likes

Bach’s cantatas for New Year’s Day. Joyful music recorded live in Berlin on 1 January 2000.

10 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Final Cut (2011 Remaster)

Edward

16 Likes

A fresh and exciting version, give it a try…

7 Likes

Nilsson / Greatest Hits.

5 Likes

Happy New Year to all of you folks.

Kicking off 2020 with Joan as police Woman - The Deep Field

9 Likes

I’d bought tickets to see this live in London (9 years ago!). It was rescheduled from mid-week to the weekend and since, at the time, I worked in London and escaped home for the weekend I gave the tickets to a friend.

It seems to have been an absolutely fantastic concert. Kick myself for missing it regularly. Still a great album though!

6 Likes

Their best? I think so.

G

20 Likes

On CD:-

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

24 Likes

Starting off the day/year/decade with a splitting headache and a bit of LLS on 1980s vinyl:

1 Like

Clean bandit - What is love
Many guests on this album so a bit eclectic and plenty of boogy

2 Likes

Camel - A Live Record

Having just mentioned Camel and Caravan in my last post, I thought I’d play this one, which is one of two Camel albums featuring Richard Sinclair, from Caravan, on bass and vocals. This album features material from Rain Dances, Mirage and The Snow Goose - all essential Camel albums IMHO.

10 Likes

22 Likes

One of my favourite “reissues” of 2019 was this 8-LP complete Hendrix/BoG set. Superb SQ, stellar performances. Now listening to LPs number seven and eight, a continuation of the epic second NYD 1970 set:

Changes – Message to Love – Machine Gun (WOW!!!) – Lover Man – Steal Away – Earth Blues – Voodoo Child – We Got To Live Together – Wild Thing – Hey Joe – Purple Haze

16 Likes

Dire Straits

Love Over Gold

Edward

19 Likes

Only choice to make to start the new decade is which one - top left today.

What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free

16 Likes

My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me The Workhorse

2 Likes

1st pressing of Gillian Welch “The Harrow & The Harvest”. Listening to albums of this quality has me wondering if they can sound any better on a P10.

11 Likes

14 Likes