What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Brilliant album to start the New Year, Polarbear.

1 Like

Hard to believe this was 25 years ago:

1 Like

My first for 2020 Calexico The Thread That Keeps Us.

11 Likes

It would definitely be on my list as well.

1 Like

Rickie Lee Jones The Evening of My Best Day.

9 Likes

The Beatles: Deep Cuts

Scrape away all The Beatles’ biggest hits and number ones, and you still have a stunning catalogue that is second to none. As the most popular band of all time, no song by The Beatles can be properly called unknown, but this playlist gathers some of the magnificent album cuts that got less playtime than the band’s most famous numbers. Even in the shadow if their chart-topping counterparts, all of these lesser-heard tunes are bona fide classics of the rock and roll songbook. (Photo: Universal)

11 Likes

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Gazpacho, Missa Atropos

Norwegian Rock

First of the year.

folder

6 Likes

Sly and the Family Stone Fresh

8 Likes

Good choice @anon4216120 I must remember to play more Gazpacho this year.

1 Like

and following immediately after…

Genesis, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, 96K download

tbh despite a dyed in the wool Genesis fan from an early age, this is an album that took me a few years to get into.

folder

20 Likes

Something scratchy to start the NY. I was listening to some Finzi in my study (‘Qute), but on the hour I turned to the main system.

6 Likes

@anon56864344 an interesting new avatar.

1 Like

Manfred Mann’s Earth Band Angel Station.

13 Likes

Hopefully yours is a quiet pressing. I’m on my third copy which is still not great but decided to keep it anyway.
All my copies suffered excessive surface noise on side B from track two onwards.

Genesis, Wind & Wuthering, 96K download

‘Proper’ Genesis…

Last Hurrah before they degenerated into ‘Phil Collins & His Backing Band’ :frowning:

folder

19 Likes

The right start for the new year, happy new year to all of you…

10 Likes

Start the new year with some of my favourite bands in one box set :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: factory records box set that Santa kindly got for me.

3 Likes

Its always good to see in the new year with great music Nigel :slight_smile:

Dire Straits Love Over Gold 630917

26 Likes