What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The Incredible String Band - The Hangman’s Beautiful Daughter - 1980s UK vinyl
A few mentions of ISB above had me getting this down, psychedelic folk, complex songs with fascinating arrangements.

10 Likes

On the recommendation from @AndyP I’m listening to Sun Down Lady by Lani Hall whilst drinking red wine and preparing supper. There is a beautiful warmth to this recording and it is right up my street. Many thanks!
R-1643446-1282828990.jpeg-1

4 Likes

This record ends a run of three great albums. She even ropes in Bob Dylan (who sounds like he’s having a great time) to duet on Buckets of Rain. If you can get past the first track the rest is magic.

3 Likes

On Vinyl:

6 Likes

Yes Eolnk. As people get tired of me saying ISB my favourite band of all time. Wee Tam and the Big Huge probably their finest moment although curiously the album I play the most in every format is “U”.

2 Likes

Two Against Nature [2000]
A (sort of) reunion album from the 'Dan which continues their fine tradition of very well recorded music, this one ripped from DVD sounds great with their music jazzing and funking along very nicely which is going down very well on this beautiful spring afternoon. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

This my favourite Earthspan - the last with Licorice.

4 Likes

Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes. Sounding great as hi-res stream

8 Likes

New EP from Hailey Tuck. Certainly up to her usual standard.

1 Like

The Who - Quadrophenia
image I forgot how good this sounds :smiley:

16 Likes

Early evening Baroque from Germany and Italy: Bach, Vivaldi, Telemann, Fasch, Pisandel and Brescianello.

2 Likes

Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign.

From the Stax remasters series, the title track sees Albert backed by the Stax house band, so with Steve Cropper, Donald “Duck” Dunn and Booker T. Jones onboard, how could it ever be anything other than a classic?

15 Likes

Earthspan. I agree Andy. A change in style that I embraced and an album that I nearly always play back to back with No ruinous feud. Around that time there was the release of Mike’s solo “smiling men” which is still played on a regular basis.

2 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon - ‘80s UK vinyl
Brilliant folk singer-songwriter album, some of Joni’s finest songs, wonderful poetic vignettes, and her voice at its most beautiful.

14 Likes

8 Likes

Back to the blues.

2 Likes

On CD:-

The Rolling Stones - Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass)

14 Likes

Viktoria Mullova, ASt.MitF/Marriner - Paganini Violin Concerto #1, Vieuxtemps Biolin Concerto #5

4 Likes

More of that distinctive Smoking Popes sound…

Finishing off todays listening with this. Although i’ve had this on vinyl and CD, i’ve found the collectors edition on Qobuz with the 12in mix of Loose Fit. This album always reminds me of care free times, living away from home for the first time doing my electronics apprenticeship and living for the weekends - fun times.

Happy Mondays - Pills N Thrills & Bellyaches

6 Likes