What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

The Power Station

9 Likes

Hans Zimmer

The World Of Hans Zimmer - A Symphonic Celebration (Live)

Edward

4 Likes

I’m in the mood for some high energy music and I can’t think of anything better than Toxicity from System of a Down.

6 Likes

The St Matthew from the JEG box. OK, I’m a bit late…

5 Likes

The Just Joans - The Private Memoirs And Confessions Of

Gene Clark - No Other

6 Likes

Probably my favourite Cocteau,s album

12 Likes

Philadelphia based poet and spoken word artist Ursula Rucker , producers Business Class Refugees ( Patrick Sebag and Yotam Agam ) and renowned Hindustani classical singer Shubha Mudgal , have created a diverse and graceful album based around the poetry of Kabir , an Indian mystic and poet. Kabir was associated with the Bhakti Movement (500 AD – 1700 AD). This movement pressed for spiritual renewal and broad human understanding for several centuries in India.

Should be on bandcamp for those interested…

Suzanne Vega - Solitude Standing - original UK vinyl
Wonderful album, one of the peaks of singer-songwriter music. Such beautiful insightful songs, superbly and sensitively interpreted.

22 Likes

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy

15 Likes

The Nice - Five Bridges.

7 Likes

I’m spending the afternoon indoors for a change and making the most of my final day off before it’s back to work (from home) tomorrow.

Started off with Talk Talk’s ‘Colour of Spring’, followed by Roon Radio’s choice of Marillion, my choice of Japan ’ Gentlemen Take Polariods’ and onto the superb ‘Spirit of Eden’ by Talk Talk. As a big fan of Mark Hollis and Talk Talk, i’d not realised he had a brother, Ed Hollis, so i’ve been reading of his exploits with the Speedball Records label.

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

RIP Mark - i get so much pleasure from listening to this album.

16 Likes

Philadelphia. January 1946
CD on Sony’s Masterworks Heritage Series

original cover:

3 Likes

Try Sempa Femina her previous album to this amazing. The opener is just sublime and one of my favourite tracks of recent years.

1 Like

Alabama 3 - M.O.R.

The usual mashup of styles from Alabama 3 … can’t believe I only started getting into these a few short weeks ago. :man_shrugging:

Most of their stuff is over on Tidal.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jacob Young - Sideways

Jacob Young (Guitar), Mathias Eick (Trumpet), Vidar Johansen (Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jon Christensen Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Jacob’s "Sideways’ album a mellow and relaxing album to ease into the work week.

2 Likes

Rolling Stones. Aftermath (UK version) My favourite Stones album from 66. Got it on vinyl and cd. At 53 mins quite a long album for the time. Includes the excellent Going home which clocks in at 11 mins. Thinking of changing title of Mothers little helper to igahmans little helper. “What a drag it is getting old “

15 Likes

17 Likes

On Vinyl:
Roxy Music - Stranded

16 Likes

Most recent (2019) CD by Northern Irish/Tooting troubadour Niall Kelly. Not massively my kind of music, but guitarist James Forster is great and “The Letter” is a very good song.

1 Like