What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

81XV7pKJe8L.SS500

On vinyl…

14 Likes

The Best of Alison Moyet [2009]
A quick flit though some of Alf’s best stuff, I always felt she was under appreciated and could / should have gone on to make a lot more fine music with a voice like hers.

14 Likes

11 Likes

Now playing…

Charlie Haden - Folk Songs

Charlie Haden (Double-Bass), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Egberto Gismonti (8-String Guitar, Super 8-String Guitar, Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with this fabulous trio and their beautiful music, they would have been an absolute treat to have seen them play live. One beautiful album…

1 Like

71rjDlG+JGL.SS500

On vinyl…

3 Likes

Now playing…

Charlie Haden - Heartplay

Charlie Haden (Double-Bass) and Antonio Forcione (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… moving on this morning with Charlie and Antonio and the fabulous Heartplay album and they are sounding sublime!

9 Likes

This self-titled album by Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real. Fine album from Willie’s lad and his band, with contributions from various musicians, including his dad and, somewhat surprisingly, Lady Gaga. Americana / country rock. If you like Chris Robinson’s Brotherhood, then you might find this to your liking.

5 Likes

Ooh yes…thx

1 Like

I love this album which I first owned on vinyl about the time of release. The fascination of an ‘all digital recording’ process was a hot(ish) topic at the time.

The cd sounds very nice too.

G

12 Likes

I guess last one for tonight…

9 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue – UN-mastered

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Maya Angelou (Spoken Word), Michael Arnopol (Bass), John McLean (Guitar) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS…continuing on with Patricia heading into the noon hour with the fantastic ‘Cafe Blue’ album which is always one of my favorites, or perhaps the favorite album from Patricia! Anyway it is well worth the time to give a listen if you have never given it a spin… it is one sweet album…

11 Likes

Pop Staples: Don’t lose this. If you don’t know this album you should

3 Likes

Joe Satriani …Time Machine…

images (9)

3 Likes

Seakayaker,

You may also know this great album from Haden and Gismonti. If you don’t it’s certainly worth a listen.

Haden Montreal

Claude

7 Likes

Back to the future… A Trick Of The Tail, original LP. One of the first LPs I bought.

Claude

20 Likes

15 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - The Premonition Years : 1994 - 2002 (disc 3)

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on with Patricia this Thursday afternoon and she is sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

Bill Wyman’s Rhythm Kings - Double Bill, the usual fare of superb vocals From Georgie Fame, Gary Brooker and Beverley Skeete and various guest guitarists, supplementing the core band.A lovely version of “Love Letters” with a beautiful typically concise slide solo from George Harrison.

7 Likes

I’m glad you ignored the clueless review on allmusic. I don’t usually give a sh!* about such things, but this one is sooo stupid, and probably written by a child who’d never previously heard John Martyn sing.

Thanks, it’s simpler than that, I just went on the appreciation for the album that I had read on here.

1 Like