What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Melody Gardot - Our Love is Easy.

From My One and Only Thrill

Just right for lockdown.

Phil

12 Likes

I saw them many many years ago at What I think must have been a promo gig at the old vic. A dear friend was and is a dear friend of one of the band. A great gig and very relaxed.

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

2 Likes

Tami Neilson - SASSAFRASS!

Judie Tzuke - One Tree Less

3 Likes

81TTCo9QxZL.SS500

On vinyl…

14 Likes

Young UK guitarists Rob Luft and Chris Montague show how creative but distinctively different they are on Luft’s Life Is the Dancer(Edition) – a joyous mix of Celtic, west African, ambient and Pat Methenyesque influences, with trumpeter Byron Wallen guesting – and Montague’s Warmer Than Blood (Whirlwind), on which the leader’s densely wrought originals absorbingly stretch his classy trio with pianist Kit Downes and bassist Ruth Goller. Taken from today’s Guardian write up

3 Likes

<>

Karl Münchinger was born on this day in 1922

born in Stuttgart, Germany :de:

Conductor of the Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra from 1945 to 1987

Karl Münchinger 1922-1990

8 Likes

@anon96720693
It’s easy to do an image search via Google to find out what your last post was, but please add a name and title to save us the time. Thanks, Geoff.

2 Likes

Sensational Pete - yep rest of planet missed out on this one for sure

1 Like

On CD

IMG_1889

Warum? Ich habe Sennsuuuucchhhttt…

steve

4 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble - Remember me, my dear

Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone), The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor), Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor) and Gordon Jones (Bariton).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Jan and The Hilliard Ensemble. They are sounding mighty fine and a lovely way to ease into this beautiful day!

4 Likes

Walter Becker & Donald Fagen - Remastered From The Archives

10 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones - Flying Cowboys

11 Likes

@johnt That’s pre Can’t Buy A Thrill stuff ?

Julia Holter - Aviary

4 Likes

The tracks are prior to Steely Dan but most of the tracks are on other albums such as Brooklyn and Android Warehouse. I believe the tracks were remastered in 2018 for this album.

2 Likes

OMG!! That take me back!! One of those songs that a musically memorable - they have some kind of ‘X’ factor… Made me think of listing others of similar depth musically – and there ae quite a few!

enjoy/ken

1 Like

And didn’t the lead singer subsequently become a government minister?

They were well known over this side of the world, perhaps their sales didn’t match. I have Blue Sky Mining and Red Sails on CD.

Peter

1 Like

71+4WmrQwPL.SS500

Classic Records 200g vinyl…

18 Likes