What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

He did indeed he then become a big disappointment. He’s now left politics and they have just reformed the band late last year.

1 Like

They were a band I really enjoyed when I heard them on the radio, but for some reason I never got round to buying any of their stuff. I’ll have a look on Qobuz/Tidal tomorrow.

1 Like

Now playing…

Dreyfus Jazz Club - In the Mood of… Miles

Sylvain Luc (guitar), Biréli Lagrène (guitar), Steve Grossman Quintet, Harold Land, Kenny Clarke (drums), Eddy Louiss (organ), René Thomas (guitar), Adrien Moignard (guitar), Mathieu Chatelain (guitar), Jérémie Arranger (double bass), Marcus Miller (bass guitar), Michael Stewart (trumpet), Marcus Miller (fender rhodes piano), Poogie Bell (drums), Keith Anderson (alto saxophone), Bobby Sparks (synthesizer, moog), and Gregoire Maret (harmonica).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this fine album and it is sounding mighty sweet! Only six tracks for a little under 35 minutes but it is worth the time to take out for a spin…

4 Likes

Kirsty MacCall - Tropical Brainstorm, witty lyrics and South American rhythms.

10 Likes

2 Likes

Grover Washington Jr - Reed Seed - 2009 Verve / US CD / M7 910R1

Easing out of the day with GW JR.

3 Likes

Just listen this one, a great album and good interpretation. SQ is quite good also.

Does anyone know where @anon71888798 has gone, haven’t seen anything from him for over a week.

Now playing…

Max Roach - It’s Time

Max Roach (Drums), Richard Williams (Trumpet), Julian Priester (Trombone), Clifford Jordan (Tenor Saxophone), Mal Waldron (Piano), Art Davis (Bass),
Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson (Conductor) and Abbey Lincoln (Vocals on track 6).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this album from Max Roach which was recorded in 1962 and sounding mighty sweet! A bit nostalgist feel to this album but maybe its just me from pretty much working from home for the past three months and its Friday and its sunny and warm… I could go on but I won’t… the music is damm good…

7 Likes

Manuel Blasco de Nebra (1750-1784) was a keyboard player as well as a composer, and an assistant to his father José, who was organist at Seville Cathedral. Manuel is reckoned to have composed around 170 works in his short career, but of those only 30 pieces, all for either harpsichord or fortepiano, survived.

4 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… moving into the late afternoon with Sean with his fantastic baritone voice, songwriting, and music, and this is one sweet album!

4 Likes

WHAT?!? I didn’t even know that album existed, I’ll look for it. Thanks Seakayaker

Claude

1 Like

…and you will Love It! A fantastic album from Sean…

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Guitar in the Space Age

Bill Frisell (Electric Guitar), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel, Electric Guitar), Tony Scherr (Bass, Acoustic Guitar on Rebel Rouser) and Kenny Wollesen (Drums, Percussion, Vibes).

Streaming on Qobuz… (44.1/16) continuing on into the early evening with this arse kicking album from Bill, the opening track ‘Pipeline’ is sounding so sublime! This is one sweet album…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Diesel and Dust or the 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 albums are imo the best place to start.

2 Likes

Saturday morning gardening, thought I’d start today off with Bread, The Essential

13 Likes

The Eagles Greatest Hits

15 Likes

Maurice Ravel, Bolero. Orchestre symphonique de Montréal, Charles Dutoit. Original Decca LP.

Ms. ClaudeP is paying a rare visit to the listening room, celebrating the event with a few of her favourite albums.

MauriceRavelCharlesDutoit34738_f

Claude

8 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - Lyra

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this evening with Nik and his fantastic quintet and they are sounding superb!

5 Likes