What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

C S N. Time to start working through this excellent 4cd compilation which is a thorough overview of the group, solo work and all the various permutations. Includes an in depth 69 page booklet. Contrary to the title it also includes contributions by Neil.

12 Likes

That’s a good play @igahman, I’m going to spin another one from them.

1 Like

CSN [1977]

10 Likes

Jewel - Pieces of You

Such a great debut, with passionate singing and a lovely voice. Only just discovered her but me and Mrs G might well buy more of her material.

(Apologies for poor quality pic - nicked off t’inter tubes)

7 Likes

I’m feeling kinda horny. A dose of this excellent double vinyl compilation should help…

5 Likes

Chilling out on a Saturday af2ca37445a8834be0c3136e1ef8b0c78f ternoon

7 Likes

Tanya Donelly - Whiskey Tango Ghosts

4 Likes

Thanks Tyger.
It is due to this thread that I’ve just discovered London Grammar. Enjoying them and have a long Qobuz playlist for this evening.

tiberghien ballades chopin

4 Likes

MOS the very best of the chillout session

theverybestofthechilloutsession

4 Likes

That’s a shame that you can’t enjoy Alf anymore.Funny you should mention Sade, as I tend to mentally lump Diamond Life and Alf together , both released in '84, and both excellent debuts.

2 Likes

Eagles | Hell Freezes Over [1994 | 2011 SHMCD]
A superb live album with lovely SQ.

16 Likes

Tremendous

14 Likes

Time for something from Mr Sumner

Sting - Sacred Love, modern R&B beats and soul combine for a mellower outing.

9 Likes

It certainly seems like a CSNY sort of night. I think it may carry over to tomorrow.

Good Idea.

A lost soul classic.
He only made one album whilst he was in prison for murder.
The arena show from the other evening re his life made me dig this out.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Traffic - Traffic

Another fine debut album…

16 Likes

It’s the kind of night that demands cold beer but I’m quite happy with my bottle of malt and the wonderful sounds of CSNY. Might refrain from any further posts tonight due to lack of coherence.:pleading_face:

5 Likes