What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Tease.

1 Like

Midnight Oil - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 - Tidal 16/44
Another recommendation from @Pete_the_painter, and this is a belter. A set of committed lyrics, fascinating sound textures and production, some challenging rhythms sneak in occasionally, nice tunes, really well played and sung. I vaguely recognised one track from radio play back in the day, what a waste to have not heard this album before, it’s very very fine music making.

3 Likes

Just ordered a copy of Truth is a beautiful thing, wonderful voice.

Fay Hield - Old Adam

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park - WAV CD rip
Fantastic country from a brilliant young artist, clever witty lyrics with great insight into blue-collar America, catchy tunes, tight band and she sings really well.

8 Likes

Alf was a brilliant release, but unfortunately for me it has too many associated negative memories, so I don’t want to listen to it again. Luckily Sade, Diana Krall and many others came along to fill the void.

1 Like

Average White Band - Gold.

As the afternoon rolls on, here au jardin, Chez Dave, it’s maybe time for something a wee bit more sensible than the brilliantly bonkers Lee Perry ^^^^, so how about some Jock funk n’ soul from these chaps?

15 Likes

images (23)

4 Likes

My Curtis Mayfield boxset arrived earlier today, working my way through these enjoyable albums, the music fits perfectly with the lovely weather today. Great quality pressings and nice album work, all is good!

12 Likes

That’s a great set Phil. Great presentation, great SQ and of course great music, especially the first album.

1 Like

The majority of trax

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel - So. Bandcamp 24/96 download.

18 Likes

Saw Delight [1977]
Great Can doing what they do best which is krautrock and boundary pushing alternative rock.

3 Likes

I didn’t do a side by side comparison, but have the feeling that the low end improved…

1 Like

Some people will call it kitsch music, but I like it…

1 Like

Hatchie - Keepsake

2 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash [1969]
Classic CSN going down very well on this most beautiful sunny late spring evening.

12 Likes

Imperfect Circle - Hootie And The Blowfish
Can’t believe it’s nearly 26 year’s since Cracked Rear View came out and Darius and the band are sounding as good as ever

4 Likes

UK first press vinyl.

18 Likes