What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Starting my day with Ali Farka (with Ry Cooder) Talking Timbuktu

13 Likes

Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman

22 Likes

July '68 & July '69
CD on Atlantic

3 Likes

Carly Simon’s No Secrets. Always loved the cover and I’ve never been able to understand why.

How good is You’re So Vain.

17 Likes

Chicago, The Best of 49th Anniversary

11 Likes

The typography?

2 Likes

A household favourite, Hunky Dory Bowie.

27 Likes

32 years ago, the world lost one of history’s greatest guitarists despite not recognizing it as such. The truth is that Roy Buchanan always maintained that this is how he wanted it, that he never wanted to be famous just as a musician. When they did not let him be like that and tried to make him a commercial success he simply retired for 4 years and only came back when they gave him complete artistic freedom. Unfortunately, 3 years after returning, he hung himself in the detention cell. It is worth revisiting the injustice that this world has done to him by publishing material he has recorded.

2 Likes

A little pre dinner Talking Heads, Fear of Music.

16 Likes

Isao Tomita, Snowflakes Are Dancing, CD rip

Prompted by recent post :slight_smile:

First heard this in the early 70’s on a friend of my Dads HiFi. ISTR a Tandberg reel-to-reel with an add on Dolby processor. There was a turntable etc. there as well but I couldn’t keep my eyes off that reel-to-reel.

9 Likes

Sade - Stronger Than Pride - 1988 Epic / US CD / EK 44210

If it’s help that you need
Never dare to doubt me

21 Likes

Isao Tomita, Planets, CD rip

Had to follow up with this… :wink:

5 Likes

Really enjoying this throwback to my schooldays…wishing I was older so I could ‘do stuff’!

12 Likes

Lloyd Cole Anti Depressant

5 Likes

Time of a bit of 80s pop, Phil Collins Hello, I Must Be Going.

14 Likes

Hi all girls and boys!
Still somewhere out there.
Hope you’re doing great (viruses aside).

13 Likes

I have this on vinyl and everytime I look at the cover I see Mr Spock. :flushed:

5 Likes

Most of my earlier Santana vinyl on Columbia, Virgin shops had US imports before the UK release, I couldn’t wait!

5 Likes

Whitesnake - Lovehunter
Before they went all hair metal

7 Likes

Pearl Jam. Gigaton. I’m not the biggest fan of contemporary heavy rock but I do like Pearl Jam and anyway this cd was bought for me. Sounds good and as usual beautifully packaged.

3 Likes