What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

15 Likes

Terry Riley. Olson III . A live recording from 1967, Riley playing saxophone with the Nacka student orchestra
It is a tremendous 55 minutes similar to In C, you can hear the students falling apart and getting it back together again which climaxes with a rather unruly audience and an exhausted orchestra. Apparently the head of the college’s music department had to resign subsequently due to the furore.

6 Likes

Santana - Abraxas. 2015 Mobile Fidelity release.

18 Likes

2 Likes

folder

5 Likes

17 Likes

Always lovely, brings a smile and a tear.

4 Likes

My favourite version of the album.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Bay of Rainbows

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Jakob and this fabulous trio! Love Jakob’s music which is always brings on a smile…

4 Likes

13 Likes

On 2CD. One of the great album of the 80’s.

9 Likes

Eric Clapton - I Still Do, on SHM-CD, lovely sound well produced by Glyn Johns.

9 Likes

A great live album

27 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Returnings

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Palle Mikkelborg (Trumpet, Flugelhorn), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass), and [Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Jakob Bro and this very talented quartet. The clarity and interplay between the four musicians is fantastic on the opening track ‘Oktober’ and the music is sublime! Beautiful…

3 Likes

Van Morrison - The Prophet Speaks.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Balladeering

Jakob Bro (guitar), Bill Frisell (guitar), Lee Konitz (alto saxophone), Ben Street (bass) and Paul Motian (drums).

Streaming on NAS… Introduced to Jakob via this thread a few years back with the Balladeering album and just love this quintet and album from the first time I heard it play. One sweet album!

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jack DeJohnette - The elephant sleeps but still remembers

Jack DeJohnette (drums, percussion) and Bill Frisell (guitar, banjo)

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… it has been several months since taking this album out for a spin. The album was recorded at the Earshot festival in Seattle on October 31, 2001 and opens with the “The elephant sleeps but still remembers” track which runs for 11:24 and is one sweet piece of music! Two giants and wish I was there to have seen these two giants play together. The album was on Tidal but could not locate on Qobuz but was fortunate to find a copy of the CD. This is one sweet album!

5 Likes

In the spirit of Portugal:

3 Likes

Amsterdam. April 1963
CD on DG

6 Likes

Now Playing…

The Swallow Quintet - Into the Woodwork

Steve Swallow (Bass), Chris Cheek (Tenor Saxophone), Steve Cardenas (Guitar), Carla Bley (Organ) and Jorge Rossy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the early evening hours and taking out ‘Into The Woodwork’ for its first spin. Opening track ‘Sad Old Candle’ is sounding mighty fine, smooth and relaxing and just what the doctor ordered! Looking forward to the rest of the album…

3 Likes