What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

On Vinyl:

12 Likes

A live stream from Terry Reids back garden.

5 Likes

Tinariwen…Tassili

Tinariwen is a group of Tuareg musicians from the Sahara Desert region of northern Mali. The band was formed in 1979 in Tamanrasset, Algeria, but returned to Mali after a cease-fire in the 1990s.

images (7)

7 Likes

Folder
Some nice songs on here and a ‘good cast’ !

Tina May (voc)
Alan Barnes, Don Weller (s)
David Newton §
John Maul (key)
David Alberman, Yuri Torchinski (v)
Justin Pearson (cel)
Mick Hutton (b)
Clark Tracey (d)

1 Like

Now playing…

Tomasz Stanko - New York Quartet – Wislawa

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), David Virelles (Piano), Gerald Cleaver (Drums) and Thomas Morgan (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with Tomasz with another of his quartet lineups and they are sounding sublime. The album is working well with the pitter/patter of the raindrops that are tapping their own rhythm on the windows in-between each track. The small subtleties in life that brings its own joy…

5 Likes

Bill Evans - Moon Beams

13 Likes

I love the music of the desert…there is something in it that I find magnetic… in the attractive sense :grinning:

I love swimming…

Now …that’s a contradiction :slightly_smiling_face:

images (7)

From the Guardian…

The slinky, rhythmic guitar lines and bluesy riffs are still there, but in a lighter setting, more like desert folk music. It’s like listening to a group of exceptionally fine players sitting around the campfire at night after putting the camels to bed. The opening and closing tracks have the easy charm of great folk or work songs, with melodies that sound uncannily western. Tenhert matches a light blues riff against rapid-fire vocals, and Kel Tamashek is a glorious stomping work-out. Another Tinariwen classic.

7 Likes

Bjørn Riis | Coming Home [2017]
Airbag’s front man continued his solo project with another fine album here. It has a cold, sparse, minimal feel about it that follows on nicely from his earlier work.

3 Likes

A Girl Called Eddy - Been Around. A release from a few months ago, this is the vehicle for American, Erin Moran. A lovely pop album and Erin’s vocals remind me a little bit of Karen Carpenter / Rumer.

6 Likes

Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust
16/44.1 Flac

8 Likes

The Gloaming, first album, perfect for a soggy Irish evening! CD rip.

3 Likes

Terry Allen and the Panhandle Mystery Band - Just Like Moby D@ck. [The correct title contains what seems to be a forbidden word on the forum]. First full listen to this and what a wonderful album this is. A folk roots Americana style delight. I’m aware that Terry Allen has quite a reputation and I’d long wondered about buying his records, Juarez and Lubbock (On Everything) but never got round to doing so. I’ll definitely be getting them now.

1 Like

Richard Strauss - Four Last Songs / Jessye Norman

Having just heard Beim Schlafengehen from this album played on BBC Radio 3 In Tune Mix Tape, I felt compelled to play it from my server. I’m beginning to think this version better than Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. But I’m sure I’ll change my mind next time I hear that version!

5 Likes

@seakayaker Boz Scaggs. Great version of Neil’s On the beach👍

1 Like

Welcome back…

2 Likes

Magazine - Real Life

9 Likes

Yes welcome back

2 Likes

Blues to Coltrane. Mmm nice

2 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobus (88.2/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Avishai and this talented and fabulous quintet! Still like this as one of the ‘Album of the Year’ options and once again they are sounding sublime! A wonderful album…

8 Likes

Not played in a while, you can hear a bit of Isaac Hayes and so many great Stax/Tamla influences…but really good in its own right.

3 Likes