What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

IMG_0832

Betty Davis - They Say I’m Different. Well, she certainly is! Tremendous stuff.

4 Likes

Alright, lad :+1:

2 Likes

10cc - Live And Let Live, on vinyl.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Dan the Man is back … welcome home. :+1:

6 Likes

This was one of John Peel’s rave albums back in the day…sounds a bit dated now!

4 Likes

Well, fancy seeing you here! Welcome back, Jim.

1 Like

Leonard Cohen - I’m Your Man

Accessible Cohen, as Rolling Stone magazine put it, the first Cohen album that can be listened to in daylight hours. Some great tracks on this album.

15 Likes

Great album Tony.

1 Like

1 Like

Good, glad to hear it, welcome back :+1:

2 Likes

2 x LP - Heinz Records 2009 : )

<>

I’m glad i have a vinyl copy of this, sometimes i need cheering up, in a cheerful kind of way, and this splendid album ticks all the boxes :slightly_smiling_face:

Not to mention the bonus of Bernie Grundman’s top drawer mastering :+1:

4 Likes

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Greatest Hits

I think a bit of Mr Petty is required and this will do nicely

10 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

25 Likes

Skid Row - Skid - WAV CD rip
High energy Irish rock music, the album probably most remembered now as the first appearance of Gary Moore on record, so you know the guitar work’ll be classy . (Phil Lynott also started in the band, he left before this was recorded.)

3 Likes

Just finished watching Jaws in 4K and inspired by the awesome score have been listening to this - fantastic score by John Williams - excellent and gripping instrumentals (beautiful as classical music, let alone a soundtrack) and as early in John’s career, not at all derivative of what was to come (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, TinTin, etc.). Recently remastered (for the better) and now consists of 20 tracks (vs original 12).

Recommend you give it a listen!

George.

5 Likes

folder

14 Likes

Jarrod Lawson - 2014 P-Vine / Japan CD / PCD 93844

This is probably my favourite vocal album of the last decade, too many instrumental albums to chose from. Some Spiritual Soul Jazz from Jarrod Lawson. :innocent:

2 Likes

Liam Merriman & Eóin O’Meachair - The Birds Never Cease - WAV CD rip
Lovely Irish folk music, Liam writes classy gentle songs, sings them beautifully, and there’s gorgeous guitar and banjo work.

1 Like