What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I picked this up at a record fair. Not bad sound for an old 'un and I’m just bowled over by the music. Night Comes In should never end…

13 Likes

Now playing…

Norah Jones - Pick Me Up Off The Floor

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Nora new album released today (06/11/2020) and the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album! …also notified by Blue Note that the copy I ordered is in the mail.

9 Likes

On CD:

5 Likes

Ezra Furman - Sex Education (Music From Seasons 1 & 2 )

1 Like

9 Likes

Now playing…

John Scofield - Swallow Tales

John Scofield (Guitar), Steve Swallow (Bass) and Bill Stewart (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with John Scofield’s new album that was released today. Opening track is sounding sweet and looking forward to the rest of the album…

1 Like

9 Likes

Escape [Expanded Edition]
Released and downloaded today, this one from Moon Duo is a republication of a ten year old, long out of print album with a few additions. I didn’t know the original but this is sounding rather good… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

An excellent Canadian Prog Rock band

1 Like

Now playing…

Ambrose Akinmusire - On the Tender Spot of Every Calloused Moment

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… Ambrose released this album on June 11, 2020 and taking it out for its initial spin and the opening track is sounding mighty fine! Some one that is new to me but this is his fifth album released with Blue Note.

1 Like

Just arrived, love the Abbey Road re masters

Simple Minds

9 Likes

And very, very good it is. Enjoy it on that nice system of yours. Jeff A

1 Like

9 Likes

10cc - Sheet Music
One of those albums which just sounds great on whatever you play it on

15 Likes

Now playing…

Puss N Boots - Sister

Norah Jones (Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Pump Organ, Vocals), Sasha Dobson Electric Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), and Catherine Popper (Electric Bass, Bass Upright Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking this trio out for a spin and they are sounding sublime! One fine album…

12 Likes

New release, first spin :+1:

12 Likes

Dana Gavanski - Yesterday Is Gone

2 Likes

Bill Evans - Consecration 1

With Marc Johnson (b) and Joe LaBarbera (d). His last concerts, but it’s impossible to detect any less commitment or beauty in his playing. I have three albums from these shows and they’re all excellent.

9 Likes

10 Likes