What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

This mentioned earlier on the thread and I’d realised I hadn’t really listen to it properly, Lou Reeds The Raven. I could only really remember the Reed/Bowie track.

5 Likes

Indeed you should, Ken. I have separate editions of Consecration 1, 2 and The Brilliant, all of which I’d recommend. If you’re ok with buying from Discogs, I see there’s a set of all three albums available at various prices and one at a very good price in NM condition.

If you’re an even more serious Bill Evans collector than me, there’s an 8CD, 10LP version available of all material recorded during those final Keystone Korner shows, which you might wish to hunt out.

Now playing…

Tomasz Stanko Quartet - Soul of Things

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… closing out this Friday evening with Tomasz and this fantastic talented quartet! This is one sweet album and one of my favorites from Tomasz…

7 Likes

Another one of my favourites…from my student days!.

24 Likes

2 Likes

Just had a nostalgia evening playing fifty year old vinyl - complete with snap, crackle and pop. Thank you student record players. But, which stood the test of time best?

7 Likes

Michael Franks - The Music In My Head

3 Likes

Fancied some Spencer Davis Group

Steve Winwood - Keep On Running, five tracks from SDG and some choice cuts from Traffic, what’s not to like?

11 Likes

My favourite Joe Cocker Sheffield Steel on vinyl

15 Likes

The Beatles. Rubber soul. 1965. What can I say? The Beatles. Pick any album.any format. Wonderful. Often imitated, never equalled.

22 Likes

23 Likes

Neil Young - Harvest

22 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water.

26 Likes

My favourite Genesis album post PG, Wind & Wuthering at the peak of thier powers from Selling England to Duke for me

16 Likes

Tomasz Stanko NYQuartet. Wislawa. I am completely out of my depth here but this was recommended by @seakayaker . It’s a challenging and interesting work and has a beauty that reminds me of Miles. (Thinking of you in Seattle at this moment in time)

3 Likes

Santana - Inner Secrets
From The Columbia Studio Albums Collection

12 Likes

Sphere - Present Tense

I wonder what happened to Geoff Williams?

Roy Hargrove - The Vibe

4 Likes

Elton John - Caribou, although the music is fine, apparently the whole project was a rush job, I think the album cover confirms this :grinning:

6 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

17 Likes