What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

10 Likes

91LFDg7bBCL.SS500

On vinyl…

7 Likes

Now playing…

The Gloaming - 2

Thomas Bartlett (piano), Dennis Cahill (guitar), Martin Hayes (fiddle), Iarla Ó Lionáird (vocals) and Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh (Hardanger d’Amore).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from today’s road trip to get fresh strawberries from our favorite farm I am taking ‘The Glooming’ out for a spin and they are sounding so sublime. Their first album was the last album we listened to while out and about so continuing on with their second album and sounding larger than life vs the car stereo! One very fine group and album…

5 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - Midwest

Mathias Eick (Trumpet), Gjermund Larsen (Violin), Jon Balke (Piano), Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass), Helge Norbakken (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Mathias and this fantastic quintet and they are sounding superb! This is one fine album, just love it…

3 Likes
1 Like

The performance was the final stop on the Exodus tour, after Marley suffered a toe injury from playing soccer. Seven nights were booked for the Rainbow theater, but the final two (June 5th and 6th) were canceled.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek | The Hilliard Ensemble - Officium Novum

[Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone).
The Hilliard Ensemble: David James (Countertenor), Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor), Steven Harrold (Tenor), Gordon Jones (Baritone) and Bruno Ganz (Speaker).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… completing the day with Jan and The Hillliard Ensemble performing “Officium Novum”, the third album from Garbarek/Hilliard, recorded, like its distinguished predecessors, in the St Gerold monastery. A central focus this time is music of Armenia based on the adaptations of Komitas Vardapet, pieces which draw upon both medieval sacred music and the bardic tradition of the Caucasus.

The album is sweet and is the perfect music to go ahead and shut off the lights, then lay down and relax in preparation for the dreams that follow, simply beautiful and peaceful music!

9 Likes

The latest Imelda May, not going to be on my album of the year list.

No good?

Casiopea - Jive Jive - 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL 2230

Four Japanese sons, bringing some sun to a sunless Sunday.

My friend this video is flavour of the whole album.

If I wanted to listen to a spoken word album then I would dig out an old Minton Sparks cd at least Minton can tell a story

2 Likes

Yello, Claro Que Si (2005), CD rip

Inspired by the post by Debs earlier…

7 Likes

Randy Crawford - Now We May Begin

10 Likes

This is by miles the standard for me, much more emotion than the others of which there also are some great recordings, but for me nothing better than this.

There are a few which come close, but for me it’s between Schwarzkopf and Norman. Currently favouring the latter.

Yello, Flag (Remaster 6), CD rip

It goes without saying I had to follow up with this… :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

As far as I’m aware I’ve never heard anything by the Grateful Dead before (which proves I must have led a sheltered life). I performed a search on the AMG site, which, based on the favourable listener reviews, suggests this is the place to start. Not sure what I was expecting, but perhaps not this.

9 Likes

New album for those who like contemporary jazz trios…!

6 Likes

Durand Jones & The Indications - American Love Call

5 Likes

Moonchild - Please Rewind - 2015 Tru Thoughts / UK CD / TRUCD320

2 Likes