What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’m the same I’d seen a few posts recently and bought a few CDs including this one. Excellent stuff, I can’t believe I missed them.

Steve Hackett spectral mornings

12 Likes

I’ll probably get shot down for this, but from my first listen to just the one Grateful Dead album, I’d say they remind me of Gram Parsons.

I haven’t heard him either, but a mate of mine said the same thing.

Aside from the Genesis revisited (various) albums, I’d say that’s his best solo album. Saw him perform that together with Selling England last year.

2 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.

21 Likes

Dusty Springfield - Cameo

9 Likes

Dire Straits - Making Movies

Another album I meant to buy when it came out, but I just borrowed a copy from a girlfriend, recorded it on cassette and moved on. I’m sure if I’d bought it at the time it would have provided as much enjoyment as the first album, but it’s appeal decayed and now it seems quite dated. That said, there are still some great songs.

14 Likes

If you enjoyed Workingman’s Dead and American Beauty you might want to have a listen to the debut album by the New Riders of The Purple Sage, which features Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh and Commander Cody.

7 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

The less regarded follow-up to Dummy on CD. I think this is equally as good with Third not far behind. I do hope they re-convene at some point to make another album.

13 Likes

The Wood Brothers - One Drop of Truth

Free - Live!, playing the remaster with bonus tracks.

10 Likes

The Secret Sisters - Saturn Return

On Vinyl

1 Like

One of their finest

21 Likes

Emerson Lake Palmer - Tarkus
On Vinyl

15 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and The Poor Boys

11 Likes

Focus - Moving Waves
On Vinyl

17 Likes

Beautiful sounding all-analogue reissue of Harris’ breakout album from 1965. On the excellent Pure Pleasure label, splendidly mastered by Ray Staff:

4 Likes