What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

s-l200

On vinyl…

18 Likes

The Derek Trucks Band - Roadsongs, a live double capturing the consumate musicianship of DT and his band.

8 Likes

Les Nubians - Princesses Nubiennes (Streaming)

1 Like

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - World On The Ground

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this latest release from Sarah and taking out for its second spin. A very nice album, Sarah is sounding sublime!

6 Likes

@Debs I remember watching his TV show Marc in the 70’s. Worth a nostalgia trip to YouTube if you are interested in the music of the time. David Bowie was a guest on one of them as were Thin Lizzy.

1 Like

Final album of the day

9 Likes

Now that’s an album!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Sarah and she is sounding mighty sweet! Some very nice company and wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon…

11 Likes

Fabulous album Clive, takes me right back to student days in the 60’s super cool to have this under your arm at college… Music On Vinyl are about to release it again.

1 Like

Now playing…

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Reunions

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with this album released by Jason on May 14, 2020 and it is sounding mighty fine! This is the second time or third time I have given it a spin and it continues to grow on me. Life is Grand and the Music is Sweet!

7 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 1

Chris Stapleton (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar) Morgane Hayes-Stapleton (vocals, tambourine), Dave Cobb (acoustic guitar, percussion), J.T. Cure (bass guitar, upright bass), Derek Mixon (drums, percussion), Mickey Raphael (harmonica), Robby Turner (pedal steel guitar) and Michael Webb (organ, piano).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Chris Stapleton singing with his wife and playing with a talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet! Chris is one mighty fine songwriter and musician and do hope he releases some new material in the future…

13 Likes

Start my week with some Mozart Flute Concerto 1 in G Major - Andras Adorjan

7 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 2

Chris Stapleton (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar) Morgane Hayes-Stapleton (vocals, tambourine), Dave Cobb (acoustic guitar, percussion), J.T. Cure (bass guitar, upright bass), Derek Mixon (drums, percussion), and Mickey Raphael (harmonica).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on with Chris, wife and the band with Volume 2 and they are sounding superb! Chris has not been out for a spin in awhile and its like an old friend dropping by for a visit…

14 Likes

Stabat Mater Giovanni Battista Pergolesi

3 Likes

Van Morrison What’s Wrong With This Picture

9 Likes

He has recorded some new material with Tom Petty’s guitarist Mike Campbell, whose Dirty Knobs band album has been delayed until Sept as it was due out in March. Chris sings on the album.

The new material may or may not see the light of day we don’t know.

1 Like

Breakfast, rather nice

5 Likes

Pink Floyd, A Saucerful Of Secrets (2011 remaster), CD rip

Not played an PF for an age - needs rectifying :slight_smile:

13 Likes

The Pretenders The Isle of View

9 Likes