What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I love this song! Glad to see someone else does too.

1 Like

Ouroborus [2016]
Very much enjoying spending listening time with Ray Lamontagne after what has been quite a few years, he does sound remarkably like that Art Garfunkel chap on this opening track.

8 Likes

Thanks @TheKevster. That’s an impressive list I have to buy :grinning:

I “accidentally” ordered The Prisoner and All in my Mind from the US Blue Note site instead of the U.K. one. They’ve already arrived but as I’m waiting on a new cartridge I’ve not heard them yet.

Alan

1 Like

Now playing…

Manu Katché - Neighbourhood

Manu Katché (Drums), Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano) and Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with Monday morning with Manu and this magnificent quintet and they are sounding sublime! Nice to ease into the week with some smooth tunes from a very talented group of musicians over the past three albums. Another sweet album…

7 Likes

There is a lot to take in here at nearly three hours long but this is a very interesting listen. Could appeal to Markus Stockhausen fans, Arve Henriksen lovers, Jon Hassell etc etc.

Markus Stockhausen Wild Life

5 Likes

Many moons ago…bought this album…forgot about it…

Found it while spin cleaning records today :grin:

Cleaned it and First spin…and the needle hits the record… :slightly_smiling_face:

Very good start !!

13 Likes

Elton John - Sleeping With The Past
This is very good

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I have placed in the queue…

1 Like

Sonny Rollins - Way Out West

14 Likes

A Feast of Consequences [2013]
The best solo music Fish has made and certainly my favourite.

8 Likes

Now playing…

Markus Stockhausen - Wild Life

Markus Stockhausen (trumpet, flugelhorn, electronics, voice), Simon Stockhausen (live-electronics, synth/sampler, soprano saxophone), Florian Weber (piano, synthesizer, voice), Jörg Brinkmann (cello, electronics), Michelangelo Flammia (electric bass), Christian Thomé (drums, electronics) and Bodek Janke (drums, tabla).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with the M’s this Monday morning and taking Markus Stockhausen’s ‘Wild Life’ out for a spin after a mention from @Lontano above. Twelve tracks over 3 CD’s with a play time of 02:54:01 it will provide some lovely continuous music for the next few hours. The opening track ‘Session One’ is sounding mighty fine and I am looking forward to the rest of this album!

4 Likes

Continue with M…

M for Marillon…Misplaced childhood…

Recommended :grinning:

4 Likes

Which mag Kevster?

Gently ease into bed with this…on vinyl

Good night all !

images (17)

5 Likes

IMG_0857

Had a bit of Lambchop day today. Started with my favourite of theirs, Nixon. Then moved on to Is A Woman, followed by AwC’mon, No You C’Mon. All are excellent and, to be honest, it’s that long since I played them I’d forgotten how good the last two listed are.

9 Likes

I like it as well.
The whole album is OK for me.

Seal II [1994]
I’ve always had lot’s of time for Seal and this album in particular, great voice.

10 Likes

Lovely music for a summer’s evening

7 Likes

A recommendation from @Bobthebuilder in the Jazz thread, just coming to the end of the album it’s been a great experience thanks for mentioning it.

1 Like

Fink | Distance and Time [2007]
Great early music from the Finkster.

8 Likes