What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Come And Get It: The Best Of Apple Records, some gems amongst this motley collection, which illustrates The Fabs scattergun approach to signing artists to their label.But bless 'em, their hearts were in the right place.

8 Likes

The Beatles - Please Please Me

Classic!!

17 Likes

Nico - Chelsea Girl

10 Likes

@AlanP. One of my favourite singles in the 60s was “Thingymybob” by the Black dyke mills band. A jaunty catchy tune written by McCartney. Don’t have it now but I downloaded it from this album.

1 Like

Various Artists - One Night For Norma CD 1 - WAV CD rip
Top class English folkies playing live at a fund-raising gig for Norma Waterson when she was seriously ill in 2011. Very classy and fun trad folk from musicians who really know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Yes Graham, didn’t it have “Yellow Submarine” on the b-side?

Jazzwise @David

1 Like

Cool gig to have

1 Like

Yes but I confess to cheating by looking it up. To be honest I can’t really remember. It’s on one of my playlists that I play regular. Cracking tune.

1 Like

Various Artists - One Night for Norma CD 2 - WAV CD rip
More enjoyable trad folk from the second half of the concert,

2 Likes

Norah Jones - Not Too Late.

13 Likes

Or, Turns Black!

Gregg Allman - Southern Blood - 24/96 download
The folk gig above had a cover of the Dead’s Black Muddy River which led me to one of my favourite albums which has the same song. The great Gregg Allman pouring his last energy into one final album as his final disease took him, superb haunting covers of songs by his great friends and contemporaries, with a superb band who knew him well and backed him perfectly.

9 Likes

Joss Stone - Water For Your Soul

Corinne Bailey Rae - Eponymous

Wanted something to soothe the mind in the quiet of the late evening and these lovely ladies fit the bill…perfectly.

18 Likes

Bit of Dutch Blues.

1 Like

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - Holon

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Contrabass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Nik Bärtsch and this fine quintet and their “zen funk.” A very enjoyable album and fits right into the groove after the three CD set ‘Wild Life’ from Markus Stockhausen. It has been a fine afternoon and day of music!

5 Likes

Last for the evening

Van Morrison - Magic Time.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin - Lyra

Nik Bärtsch (Piano), Sha (Bass Clarinet, Contrabass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone), Björn Meyer (Bass), Kaspar Rast (Drums) and Andi Pupato (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the late afternoon hour with Nik’s ‘Ronin’ and the quintet is sounding superb!

5 Likes

15 Likes

Listen to this! Very different approach to modern Jazz.

2 Likes