What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Jess Williamson - Sorceress

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with a mention above from @TheKevster regarding this newly released album, May 14, 2020, from Jess. Placed in the queue and now taking out for a spin and the opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album…

2 Likes

Michael Franks - Passionfruit - 1987 Warner / US CD / 9 23962 2

5 Likes

Indeed they do! I’ll add this one to this evening’s playlist. Thank you :+1:

Mandy Moore - “Amanda Leigh”

The Blues Band - Stepping Out

4 Likes

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Magnificent. As a teenager I felt drawn in by the sleeve art. The music was mystical too. I love this album!

1 Like

John Coltrane - Live in Stockholm 1963

I managed to get my own copy of this, but I think it has a different version of Mr PC as it omits the head signature at the start.

7 Likes

Great show by the father of South African jazz-Hope_-_album_cover
a 1994 live album by South African jazz trumpeter Hugh Masekela.

15 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

19 Likes

Now playing…

Tomaz Stanko - Selected Recordings

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Bobo Stenson (Piano), Anders Jormin (Double- Bass), Tony Oxley (Drums), Michelle Makarski (Violin), Jon Christensen (Drums), Dave Holland (Double- Bass), Edward Vesala (Drums), Gary Peacock (Double- Bass), Jan Garbarek (Soprano Saxophone), Jack DeJohnette (Drums), John Surman (Bass Clarinet), Dino Saluzzi (Bandoneon), Bernt Rosengren (Tenor Saxophone), Joakim Milder (Tenor Saxophone), Palle Danielsson (Double- Bass), Juhani Aaltonen (Alto Flute) and Tomasz Szukalski (Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Tomasz who is featured along with the many musicians who played with him over the years. Enjoying the music and is one sweet album!

1 Like

12 Likes

John Mayall. The blues alone. I remember buying this incredible album when it came out. Surprised that it was released on budget label. John playing all instruments apart from bit of help from Keef. Sleeve notes by John Peel. One of my favourites and guessing this flew under the radar of many.

6 Likes

2 x LP - e.a.r :ear: music 2017 : )

:musical_keyboard: Joe Jackson - keyboards, vocals
:guitar: Graham Maby - bass, vocals
:drum: Dave Houghton - drums, vocals

<>

So far half way though Side B and this is really good,
looking forward to those cover versions on Side C.

Anyone who just snapped up the bargain copy of this is in for a treat! :+1:

And it’s still there on Amazon (Prime) for £6.87 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

IMG_0861

Listened to a couple of Donald Fagen solo albums earlier, Sunken Condos and Morph The Cat.

12 Likes

Bought this on it’s release,I’m sure you’ll enjoy the covers,whole album is superb.

2 Likes

Swedish singer/songwriter - Sophie Zelmani, Sing and Dance from 2002 - post a reco from this thread - a new artiste for me.

Great voice and music with relatively simple arrangements - nothing introspective here. If female vocal is your thing, she’s worth looking up and has quite a catalogue…but the availability of CDs isn’t plentiful nor cheap it seems (go streamers!).

3 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS… (44.1/16) continuing on this morning with Andy’s ‘Movement In Colour’ which is one of my favorite albums of his and just love this quintet. Brings a big smile each and every time I listen to the opening track! A wonderful album…

3 Likes

IMG_0863

Aimee Mann - Charmer. Aimee’s albums are consistently good.

5 Likes

Al Jarreau - This Time - 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR 28094

Features AJ’s vocal rendition of Chick Corea’s ‘Spain’.

8 Likes