What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Eels | Beautiful Freak [1996]

17 Likes

Steve’s choice somehow made me play this other “freaky” track.

5 Likes

The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation, a gem of a blues album. If you’ve not heard it and like blues, go on give it a go, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!

Sounds great on re-issued vinyl.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Django Bates’ Beloved - The Study of Touch

Django Bates (Piano), Petter Eldh (Double Bass) and Peter Bruun (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking Django’s ‘The Study of Touch’ out for a noon time spin and this trio is sounding smooth as silk and working a bit of magic. Sounding sweet!

2 Likes

@Buster One of my favourite singles from the 60s was a track called “warning “ by the Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation . Of course I don’t have it now although I have bought it as a download from a compilation called Perfumed garden. I don’t think it appears on any of their albums. Not heard the album you mentioned but lined up for streaming. Thanks.

Bob James - H

3 Likes

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Not played this in a long time, don’t know why as Dave and the boys are on top form

7 Likes

IMG_0862

George Duke - Face The Music. I mainly bought this album for the track, Black Messiah (Part two), which is fantastic.

7 Likes

I’m sure there’s a theme there somewhere…:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Half way through this one

The Allman Brothers Band - Live Beacon Theatre, New York City, playing the disc from 20.3.09 which features Eric Clapton, appearing for the second succesive evening and performing material from the Layla album.

7 Likes

I love the first crack of the snare and then the groove begins.

1 Like

Moon Duo do an interesting take on Sabbaths Planet Caravan.
Qobuz 44/24

2 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - Exile

Sidsel Endresen (Voice), Django Bates (Piano, Tenor Horn), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet), Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion), David Darling (Cello) and Jens Bugge Wesseltoft (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing through the noon hour with Sidsel’s ‘Exile’ album featuring her beautiful voice and the sweet music from the talented musicians who fill out this sextet! This album was released in 1994 and I find Sidsel’s voice and the music captivating and it is worth the time to take it out for a spin…

2 Likes

Phoebe Bridgers latest.

3 Likes

Richard Hawley Devils Arse live cd.

3 Likes

Some trax from the latest Grant Lee-Phillips album due out early September.

3 Likes

Pat Metheny - From This Place

11 Likes

A fantastic line up
Of musicians too…

1 Like

In a Markus Stockhausen mood this week - APARIS - ECM 1404…

2 Likes

For all you Toyah and Robert Fripp fans
4 Likes