What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

Here’s another one that requires a bit of welly for best effect

9 Likes

11 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars - WAV CD rip
Thanks to @Steve_S, too long since I played this. Finishing the last 2 tracks after a friend rang and shared wine with me over video before I’d finished the album. Bruce does country, and does it brilliantly.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Tord’s Quartet as I run through his ECM catalogue today, it was not planned but after each album I just feel like continuing on. Some great relaxing music to soothe the soul, just loving it!

2 Likes

On vinyl…

6 Likes

Couldn’t decide if this belonged here or in jokes, but good parody of the most boring band in the world, IMO

1 Like

Wings - Back To The Egg, their final album.

9 Likes

Malia/Boris Blank - Convergence

I’ve seen a number of people post this on here so I thought I would give it a spin. A few plays over the last few days and wow!

Lovely laid back vocals, soft electronics in the background by Mr Yello and superb production.

Thanks to all who posted it.

Peter

14 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen - What was said

Tord Gustavsen (Piano, Electronics, Synth Bass), Simin Tander (Voice) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on for Tord’s seventh album released with ECM this with a trio format, piano, drums and the absolutely beautiful voice of Simin Tander! Love this album and worth the time to give a listen…

4 Likes

Strangely, I was listening to this below on YouTube very late last night = very early today, following on from the George Martin produced The Man In The Bowler Hat by Stackridge - the track in question being The Road to Venezuela. The quirkiness of that led me to PM’s Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, having not heard it for a number of years to say the least.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Other Side

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Sigurd Hole (Double Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with Tord’s eighth album released from ECM over a 15 year period. It has also been nice to listen to them all back to back and hope there are more on the way, enjoy his music quite a bit! As I like to say Life is Grand and the Music is sweet…

6 Likes

Inspired by the other thread:
Folder

Then this:
Folder

I’d forgotten how good she is. Funny though, listening this evening I was struck by the amount of reverb on the mix. Possibly overdone??

4 Likes

Really enjoying this as the evening comes.

4 Likes

Jethro Tull. Heavy horses. Big fan of the early years but struggled with Aqualung and beyond but on the recommendations of quite a few including Tony and AlanP I’ve been playing this and surprisingly really enjoying it. Maybe time to fill in the gaps.

15 Likes

Anyone using Spotify, check out this group.
Latest release issued today.
It’s an Irish group called Myth, and my nephew is the drummer and manager.

1 Like

Tania Maria - Come With Me - 2003 Concord / US Hybrid SACD / SACD 1000 6

Looking forward to some sunny days on this very wet Monday morning!

2 Likes

13 Likes

2 Likes