What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Brilliant! :joy:

Thirteenth Step [2003]
More fine progressive / art metal from A Perfect Circle.

2 Likes

Bob Dylan and Neil Young. Awaiting arrival of these discs. Refusing to listen to them on streaming. Want that old fashioned feeling of putting on the album and hearing for the first time with the cover in my hand. Sad bloke.:pleading_face:

7 Likes

14 Likes

Can’t beat the feeling… :wink:

1 Like

What an amazing body of work we are privileged to have access to. What makes us so receptive to music as a species and why do we find listening to the rhythms, beats and melody of all genres so appealing? Having purchased a Muso 2 a few months ago I have had my mind opened to the joys of streaming bands I would not necessarily have spent cash on. This 66 year old classic rocker has just discovered Nightwish and Floor Jansen. Anyone wishing to explore the capability of their system should take just a moment to listen to Floor.

4 Likes

As you are now into Nightwish @badger1954, have a look for Within Temptation a Dutch band that also do symphonic metal very well with a female lead vocalist and fine back catalogue.

5 Likes

Playing this one at the moment superb.

1 Like

Thanks Steve_S. Already found them together with Always Forever and other symphonic metal bands. I really must get out more!

1 Like

Saw them at Manchester Apollo a few years ago,hadn’t heard a note but my friend had a spare ticket,what a show !!

1 Like

1997 winner of the Pulitzer Prize
3-CD set on Sony/Columbia
recorded January 1995

featuring Cassandra Wilson, Jon Hendricks, Regina Carter, Eric Reed, James Carter, etc.

for those of you celebrating in the States and beyond…Happy Juneteenth!

6 Likes

Now playing…

Ulrich Drechsler Quartet - Humans & Places

Ulrich Drechsler: (Bass Clarinet), Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Oliver Steger (Bass) and Jörg Mikula (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with the recommendation from @DrDavid and taking Ulrich’s ‘Humans & Places’ out for a spin. Fantastic opening track ‘For Andy, Dedicated to Desi,’ the trio is sounding sublime! Looking forward to the rest of the album!

2 Likes

Front

4 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

I know that people will be bored with posts of this album…i like it on third listen.

11 Likes

War - The World Is A Ghetto. Early 70s album which is fairly new to me and I’m really enjoying it.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Derek and the Dominoes - Layla and other Assorted Love Songs

A class act with much to admire

15 Likes

A bit of classic Bob!

19 Likes