What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

6 Likes

Would highly recommend this album, or any other Airbag album for that matter, to any fans of progressive, atmospheric, or art rock. Absolutely sublime!

8 Likes

The Beach Boys Love you I bought on vinyl and was very underrated and tempted me to search out American Spring but never did find a copy

1 Like

18 Likes

Jethro Tull.Songs from the wood. I thought JT started and finished with the first three albums but here is another @anon71888798 recommendation to prove me wrong. I did of course recognise one song :santa:

20 Likes

I’m like you I think it’s less than average and can’t understand the fuss.
I think it’s one of the most boring albums I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

The Beatles - Revolver, on the opener McCartney is such a beast, not only a fantastic bass line, but a great guitar solo with nods to an eastern influence, just to keep George happy.

22 Likes

Nicole Atkins. Some good stuff on this album.

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

The opener is Taxman, which is a Harrison song and, as he played guitar, perhaps it’s not surprising that the guitar displays an eastern influence.

1 Like

9 Likes

Best thing she has done in years

6 Likes

Hi Clive, yes you would think so, but the Taxman solo is well documented as being Paul, it certainly features that aggresiveness he has when playing lead.No matter who did it, it’s always a favourite :+1:

Ok, thanks and I’m sorry. I’d always thought it was George.

1 Like

13 Likes

Time for this favourite of mine

Atb
Kk

11 Likes

No probs, The more we discover about The Beatles the more I become impressed with their musical abilities.All the assumptions we made that they filled only their known roles in a given recording is quite understandable.But to discover that they very often swapped instruments is even more interesting and elevates my regards for them even more.They may have not been virtuosos in the truest sense, but they knew how to make a record.Now did Paul really play drums on " Old Brown Shoe" ?

Japanese vinyl pressing from the 1970s. Beautiful…

16 Likes

The southern companion…

4 Likes

And back to this

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus, an interesting period piece with some decent music.

8 Likes