What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

We’ve seen BW 9 times since 2002, he has never dissapointed, but we’ve always been worried that he would struggle, his band is so good that they do carry him and cover the bits he can’t sing, the last time was 2016 when Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin were in the band. In recent years he has had back surgery which would explain needing assistance on stage. He is, as you rightly say a true creative genius.

1 Like

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - Exile

Sidsel Endresen (Voice), Django Bates (Piano, Tenor Horn), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet), Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion), David Darling (Cello) and Jens Bugge Wesseltoft (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Sidsel’s ‘Exile’ album featuring her beautiful voice and the sweet music from the talented musicians who fill out this sextet! I played this album during the past week and wanted to give it another spin and she is sounding sublime…

Now playing…

Miroslav Vitous - Journey’s End

Miroslav Vitous (Bass), John Surman (Soprano Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), John Taylor (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a random pick out of the ECM library to carry me into the early evening hours. Opening track from this quartet is sounding superb and looking forward to the rest of the album!

3 Likes

Belgian pop superstars (well they are in Belgium, apparently!!). Some of their best tunes with an orchestra adding some unobtrusive but lovely backing, which I always felt suited their music.

“Anger Never Dies” is one of my favourite pop tunes ever and could have easily been a Bond theme tune. Lovely stuff.

Peter

3 Likes

The Byrd’s 5th Dimension

20 Likes

Lucinda Williams Good Souls Better Angels.

11 Likes

After another listen to Dylan’s new album which I didn’t bother posting, wanted to play this for some reason. Bowie Blackstar.

17 Likes

Dee Dee Bridgewater

8 Likes

Rod Stewart Atlantic Crossing

15 Likes

Dave Kerzner, Static, bandcamp

One of the prog ‘elders’. He’s worked with them all: Genesis, Yes, Steven Wilson, etc…

Actually I purchased this album some time last year and this is the first play!

1 Like

Tori Amos - Under the pink
On pink vinyl. Nice gentle start to a Sunday with one of my favourite female vocalists.

10 Likes

Simon and Garfunkel Bookends

18 Likes

Bonnie Prince Billy I See a Darkness.

6 Likes

Enjoying this. Thanks to whoever recommended this album.

Atb
Kk

5 Likes

Well it was inevitable after watching this brilliant documentary that the necessary vinyl album purchase was made. Perfect Sunday morning music.

1 Like

Nat King Cole sings / George Shearing plays

For Dad on Fathers Day.

6 Likes

Same here, yet so many best album charts have this as no.1 or close to the top…

1 Like

Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit - Reunions

7 Likes

Interesting album…

3 Likes