What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I was there 2000 / 2009! Really i miss the feeling!
I think i’m somewhere in this clip :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

3 Likes

One of the finest voices ever recorded.

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’ve heard Swordfishtrombones too? It’s usually seen as the companion album to Rain Digs, and is fantastic.

4 Likes

Recent buy, interesting music

6 Likes

Now playing…

Lissie - When I’m Alone – The Piano Retrospective

Lissie (Vocals), Jo Dudderidge (Piano) and Martin Craft (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with Lissie and a album that was mentioned above by @keanoking. First time listen and the opening track is sounding very nice, wonderful vocals and looking forward to the rest of the album!

10 Likes

It is indeed, couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Chris Jones & Steve Baker - Smoke And Noise

:+1:

2 Likes

R-6681936-1424530556-1736.jpeg
Great recording and equally good performance of Leonard Cohen’s songs

One of J.J CALE’s favorite albums

Churchill's - front
From Churchill to Jericho
Evolution of an Israeli rock band from psychedelia to rock, heavy rock and advanced rock
The Churchill Band was formed in 1965 following a meeting between two high school students, Haim Romano and Mickey Gabrielielov. Romano was a guitarist, but he also knew how to play mandolin, drums, flute, piano and violin. Gabrielov played acoustic guitar and bass. They were joined by guitarist Isaac Klafter, to whom the nickname Churchill stuck to because of a historic lecture given by the school about British leader Winston Churchill.
In 1968, the Churchillas released their first record.
The band went on tour in Denmark and managed to gain initial popularity. The key event in their career was a warm-up performance for the legendary British band Deep Purple.
The British music scene was in turmoil during those years, and the band members felt a strong need to be a part of it. They managed to sign a recording contract with the A&M firm in London. They changed their name to Jericho Jones,
The new name was chosen because of the combination of East and West (Jericho vs. Jones).
The second album released in mid-1971 is called The Monkeys & Donkeys (Doped, Monkeys & Donkeys), or in English: Junkeys Monkeys & Donkeys. The album also released in Israel. The powerful effects of Deep Purple are clearly evident in the recording, which is very reminiscent of the prototype of British heavy rock.
The album was sold in Europe but failed to conquer London and qualify for the British Chorus parade, the focus of attention for the record label. In the absence of financial backing, the band had to fall apart.

5 Likes

The Essential Dougie MacLean - WAV CD rip
Scotland’s finest folk-singer? If not he’s right up there, this is a set of pure class, lovely songs so well performed.

2 Likes

Not yet as I am a noob to Tom Waits. However, if this anything to go by, I will be getting more of his cd’s.

I see that I refer to the album you posted as Rain DIGS!!!

Just started listening to this set
Miles Davis Bitches Brew 40th Anniversary book/box set.

13 Likes

Johnny Cash | The Man Comes Around [2002]
I was genuinely shocked to find this is nearly twenty years old.

14 Likes

Zeppelin, imperious, in Japan 1971.

12 Likes

Dodgy grey market, Kev?

1 Like

Really enjoyed this one & some of the solos

Vanessa Rubin (voc)
Eddie Allen, Cecil Bridgewater (t) (flug)
Roger Byam, Houston Person (s)
Steve Turre (tr)
Aaron Graves (piano)
Michael Rubin (per)
Tarik Shah (b)
Aaron Walker (d)

2 Likes

Heaven forbid Steve! :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying this album this afternoon:

5 Likes

Mario Lanza. Best of everything. It’s a little known fact that Mario was a great influence on rock groups of the 60s. In particular King Crimson. This is a recommendation of @anon41143757 :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes