What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Rush - Moving Pictures

Three guys make much noise, and what a fine noise it is.

14 Likes

Good man, great album

1 Like

I was at crystal palace too great day I think :laughing:

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Katie Crutchfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, keys), Brad Cook (bass, acoustic guitar, piano, keys, synth), Bobby Colombo (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys), Bill Lennox (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys, percussion), Nick Kinsey (drums, percussion) and Josh Kaufman (electric guitars, piano, organ, percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Waxahatchee and taking out ‘Saint Cloud’ for another spin. Katie’s vocals and the band are sounding sweet, and this is one fine album!

7 Likes

I was at this one, too peed it down, great intro music before the band came on love to find out what it was

10 Likes

I suppose it shouldn’t be surprising in a small country like ours and of course now with the internet but still what a great coincidence to have both been at two gigs 10 years apart.
I remember I saw Isaacs and Sugar Minot at Crystal Palace but couldn’t tell you anything about their sets I was 15 years old at the time I’d missed the previous year being 14 I just couldn’t raise the money.
'95 was my very last Glastonbury I’d gone first in '85 or was '86 anyway I’d seen The Cure and Black Uhuru who just like at Sunsplash a year later where a bit of a let down live. I didn’t go back to Glastonbury until 1994 when Paul Weller played one of the best sets I’ve seen by anyone, ever.

Willie Nelson getting the best out of Trigger (His guitar)

4 Likes

Now playing…

Ana Silvewra - Oracle

Ana Silvera (Harmonium, Vocals), Ruairi Bowen )Tenor Vocal), Kieran Brunt (Tenor Vocal), Anne Chauveau-Dhayan (Cello), Dan D’souza (Bass Vocal), Jasper Høiby (Double Bass), Joel Newsome-Hubbard (Alto Vocals), Bill Laurance (Piano), William Marsey (Bass Vocal), Rose Martin (Alto Vocals), Naomi Morris (Drums, Percussion),
Simran Singh (Violin), Jacob Smedegaard (Drums, Percussion), Josephine Stephenson (Soprano Vocal), Signe Trylle (Vocals) and Héloïse Werner (Soprano Vocal).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on with Ana’s “Oracles” album which I recently took out for a spin and enjoyed quite a bit! This is a beautiful album and worth the time to give a spin if you have not already, one sweet album!

4 Likes

17 Likes

First after the footy, that’s two hours of my life I will never get back, but Everton could have pinched it

Grant Green - Born To Be Blue, super album, which also lead me to checking out Ike Quebec.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Yello - Toy

Boris Blank (Vocals), Heidi Happy (Vocals), Malia (Vocals), Dieter Meier (Vocals), Fifi Rong (Vocals) and Jeremy Baer (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing on with a mix from Yello and they are sounding mighty sweet and a nice lift this afternoon!

16 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

Stanley Turrentine - Hustlin’.

9 Likes

So disappointed expected so much more. Thank goodness for NUFC to save the day. :partying_face:

If spaced cowboy doesn’t make you laugh nothing will. Give me an ounce of what he’s on :sunglasses:

6 Likes

4 Likes

LP - Milestone Records 1982 : )

José Roberto Bertrami - keyboards
Alex Malheiros - bass
Ivan Conti - drums

plus a few others helping out here and there with percussion, guitar, repique :+1:

Recorded at Transamerica Studio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. September 1981

<>

Cue the Kandid, sit back and relax :grin: :wine_glass:

4 Likes

Now playing…

Gary Burton Quartet - Picture This

Gary Burton (Vibraharp), Jim Odgren (Alto Saxophone), Mike Hyman (Drums) and Steve Swallow (Bass Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Gary and this very fine quartet and they are sounding so fine! A very enjoyable album and love the cover as well…

6 Likes