What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Possibility my 2nd favourite Beatle album, Hard Days Night (mono)

13 Likes

Bowie, Absolutely Beginners EP.

9 Likes

The extra disc. More great stuff.

Atb
Kk

7 Likes

Ry Cooder. Paradise and lunch. A recommendation from @AlanP. Ry is so prolific it’s difficult to know where to start but this from 69 is very good. Only he could get away with the Stone’s It’s all over now

13 Likes

New to me. The monophonic. Great soul sounds

Atb
Kk

1 Like

More Frazey ford. First listen and I like what I’m hearing

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

21 Likes

Neil Young. Homegrown. Essentially an album of outtakes and alternative takes from 74/75 and for completists only of which I am one. Some tracks fade out too quick and you will want to skip track 6. That said I am glad I added it to my collection.

12 Likes

John & Yoko - Milk and Honey

I’ve just been given a large stack of mostly classical vinyl LPs, so I’m going through them a few a day, cleaning on the Okki Nokki. This is one of three more contemporary albums. I’d not heard this one before, but had read some negative crap about it, particularly Yoko’s contribution. Well, I rather like it, especially Yoko’s ‘Your Hands’.

11 Likes

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here

26 Likes

The first album I ever bought.

Originally played on my parents music centre, then a Garrard direct drive TT through a ghetto blaster, which only worked occasionally. This resulted in the purchase of a NAD 3020 with cast off speakers and the bug was caught.

Doesn’t sound too bad at the moment ! First play in 35 ish years.

8 Likes

Marcus Miller. M2. Recommended by @GeoffC this is really good. Especially like Burning down the house. Mmm nice.

8 Likes

IMG_0696

IMG_0847

At the weekend I fancied listening to a couple of old favourites on vinyl. Elton John’s Blue Moves and Pink Floyd’s The Wall are two of the earliest purchases in my collection, but still sound great. At the time of purchase, I thought Blue Moves was a bit patchy, but listening to it now it seems to have improved with age.

Oddly, I noticed for the first time with The Wall that I seem to have a Dutch first pressing rather than a UK one.

11 Likes

Roger Waters Is This The Life We Really Want?

15 Likes

OMD - Crush

Another record I acquired, now cleaned and playing.

I can’t believe I’m playing an OMD record! (I’m actually quite enjoying it too, but don’t tell anyone)

3 Likes

I’m impressed. I’m knackered and I’ve just cleaned the fridge. :open_mouth: Cleaning the fridge while listening to Marcus Miller. Very strange. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Camel. What’s the other one Pete? Ive been playing a lot of Moonmadness before choosing another.

1 Like

Mirage, I haven’t really had a good listen yet.

2 Likes

An inspired choice!

1 Like

I like Moonmadness, Mirage is earlier so it’ll be interesting. Maybe I should have listened the other way round. Doh.

2 Likes