What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

First heard this album in a hotel room at the Harrogate HiFi Show
Played on LP12 Ittok LVII Asak Naim 32 HiCap and 250 through Linn Sara’s

Blew me away, loved the album ever since and when I was actively pursuing upgrades was one of my test album.
Even when acquired the Muso out it came.

Now playing…

Mick Goodrick - In Pas(s)ing

Mick Goodrick (Guitar), John Surman (Soprano Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet), Eddie Gomez (Bass) and Jack DeJohnette (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with a mention from @Lontano above regarding this album released in 2019 from a 1978 production. Opening number is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album!

2 Likes

Originally released in 1979, but got a release on the Touchstones CD reissue series in 2019!

1 Like

Final play of the evening - Bill Connors - Swimming With a Hole In My Body - recorded in Oslo in 79 and released in 1980. Beautiful acoustic guitar

3 Likes

Now playing…

Steve Swallow - Carla

Steve Swallow (Bass), Carla Bley (Organ), Hiram Bullock (Guitar), Larry Willis (Piano), Victor Lewis (Drums), Don Alias (Percussion), Ida Kavafian (Violin), Ik-Hwan Bae (Viola) and Fred Sherry (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Steve’s ‘Carla’ album. Sounding mighty fine with a talented group of musicians, one sweet album!

3 Likes

Now playing…

Daughter - If You Leave

Elena Tonra (Vocals, Guitar), Igor Haefeli (Guitar) and Remi Aguilella (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing into the late afternoon with a Daugher’s album I played a few weeks ago and now taking out for another spin. Sounding mighty fine…

3 Likes

Starting my Wednesday morning with Bobs new album, can’t get enough of this.

Rough and Rowdy Ways.

10 Likes

Stunningly beautiful!

1 Like

Ashely Monroe Sparrow

5 Likes

How good is the title track American Pie by Don McLean, this is another album that I’ve always had a copy in some format since it’s release.

14 Likes

Elton John’s 2nd album, the self titled Elton John. The album featured he’s first big hit Your Song.

14 Likes

Emily Barker Sweet Kind of Blue.

10 Likes

yep sometimes they come up to get back and come back again…

A personal favourite and a classic.

steve

REM Around the Sun.

9 Likes

Herb Alpert. Playlist. Don’t ask why. Woke up wanting some Tijuana brass. Blame it on the sunshine.

9 Likes

I blame it on the boogie.

2 Likes

Shpongle, Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland, CD rip

Prompted by A Valid Path by Alan Parsons where Shpongle features.

Some psychedelic electronic music :wink:

4 Likes

I never got that high in all my years at art school. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

David Sanborn - Inside

2 Likes