What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - Moving Out To The Country, an album in which Jools and his merry band are joined by guest vocalists, perfoming, yes you’ve guessed it, country songs.Brilliant turn from Lulu, as always.

3 Likes

Evening Graham, that could be me, that’s definitely my favourite Hornsby album :+1:

1 Like

Now playing

Terje Rypdal - Descendre

Terje Rypdal (Guitar, Keyboards, Flute), Palle Mikkelborg (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Keyboard) and Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with the mention and recommendation from @Lontano. When “The opening track Avskjed is worth the price of admission alone” then it certainly worth the time to give a listen!

4 Likes

23 Likes

Italian prog band Banco del Mutuo Soccorso released this album in 2019, 22 years after the last studio album. Only keyboardist Vittorio Nocenzi remains from the original lineup.
You can hear some classic Banco sound, hints of ELP,King Crimson, modern progressive…
A nice album. Worth a listen imho.

Listened to this 2-CD Jackson Browne compilation earlier today and throughly enjoyed it. Aside from this, I just have Running on Empty on vinyl, so I might try his early 70s albums.

11 Likes

19 Likes

Yes Alan I had a feeling it was but wasn’t sure. The album clicked on the second play. I don’t know why I didn’t listen to later albums. Scenes from the south side is a favourite of mine.

1 Like

The latest album from Ripley Johnson he of Moon Duo and Wooden Shjips

3 Likes

One of the first Andy Sheppard albums I bought back in 1989 - Introductions in the Dark…beautiful music making
MI0001957822

5 Likes

13 Likes

Scenes From The South Side is a family favourite in our household, but I certainly prefer the more mature Hornsby, especially vocally.

2 Likes

Just listeninimages.jpeg-1 g to this

7 Likes

Now playing…

Anders Jormin - Ad Lucem

Anders Jormin (Double-Bass), Mariam Wallentin (Voice), Erika Angell (Voice), Fredrik Ljungkvist (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone) and Jon Fält (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with a random pick of an album I have not played previously and the opening track is sounding fantastic! Looking forward to the rest of this album and hope it meets and exceeds the opening ‘His et nuns’ track…

2 Likes

Lucius - Good Grief - Tidal 16/44
Glossy pop beats, folk tinged songs, excellent vocals from the duo backing Rog on the recent version of Two Suns In The Sunset. Enjoying my first listen.

2 Likes

Played this several times today - debut as leader on ECM for Mick Goodring. Recorded in 1978 with John Surman, Eddie Gomez and Jack De Johnette this is a fine recording. Goodrick spent most of his career teaching guitar and pupils included Pat Metheny and John Scofield. The title makes reference to the ECM HQ office of the time that back then was in Pasing Munich, and the cover is the road near the office…In Pa(s)sing…

2 Likes

Saw Anders play this material in concert a few months ago. Really made me appreciate it a whole lot more than I did before the concert.

1 Like

OK - scrub annoyances - I enjoy it.

1 Like

Listening to

From Tidal as I’m still waiting on my Ania.

11 Likes

The Hollies - The Clarke, Hicks & Nash Years, a six disc set.

9 Likes