What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

4 Likes

The Dark Side of the Moon [1973]
One more Floyd before food and this fine Toshiba master from 1984.

19 Likes

In hires courtesy of Qobuz. Sounds wonderful and the band are on top form. I saw them on this tour.

A happy discovery.

G

11 Likes

Rather beautiful solo piano jazz, on CD.

1 Like

4 Likes

Lionel Richie - Can’t Slow Down, a pleasant listen after a good few years.It felt like the majority of tracks were released as singles and you couldn’t avoid them.

11 Likes

Janis Joplin - I Got Dem Ol’ Kozmic Blues Again Mama!

From This Box Set

7 Likes

Now playing…

Sonar - Transportation, Vol 1.

Stephen Thelen (tritone guitar), Bernhard Wagner (tritone guitar), Christian Kuntner (tritone bass), Manuel Pasquinelli (drums) and David Torn (electric guitar, live looping and manipulation).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention from @TheKevster regarding this group had me place a couple of albums in the queue and now taking it out for a spin. Sounding funky and enjoying the tunes on this cool and rainy Saturday afternoon…

2 Likes

Larry Carlton - Friends - 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR 28103

Giving this another spin this evening whilst thinking about… my Friends / Music Buddies.

4 Likes

19 Likes

This is superb!

1 Like

Gerry Rafferty - City To City.

16 Likes

The new one Tranceportation 2 is listed on Quboz under Stephan Thelen not Sonar for some reason (just in case you had not noticed).

If you like this there is a big back catalogue to check out - 4 albums include Torn and the rest do not. Also I particularly like Manuel Pasquinelli’s other group - Akku Quintet - some excellent music there. And closely associated with Akku Quintet is Blaer who play some beautiful tunes. Stephan Thelen did a recent solo album called Fractal Guitar and that again is worth a listen…I am playing Blaer Yellow (released on Nik Bartsch’s Ronin Rhythm Record label). All part of a good Swiss jazz scene…

2 Likes

Folder

13 Likes

Now playing…

Sonar — Tranceportation (Volume 2) With David Torn

Stephan Thelen (tritone guitar), Bernhard Wagner (tritone guitar), Christian Kuntner (tritone bass), Manuel Pasquinelli (drums, percussion) and David Torn (electric guitar, live looping).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on with Volume 2 of this Sonar - Transportation and it is sounding mighty fine, enjoying the music!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on the other available albums!

I will look up on Qobuz and place in the queue.

2 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider & Friends - 25 Years Live - 2008 Kin Kou / US 2 x CD / KIN 17711

AV25YearsLive

Playing some more Swiss jazz - Blaer Out of Silence…

3 Likes

Now playing…

Blaer - Yellow

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with a mention from @Lontano and taking Blaer out for a spin, enjoying the opening track and look forward to the rest of the album!

3 Likes

Doobie Brothers Stampede.

10 Likes