What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Gag me with a spoooon.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

Peter Albin (Bass, Guitar), Sam Andrew (Bass, Guitar, Vocals), David Getz (Drums, Piano), James Gurley (Bass, Guitar), Janis Joplin (Vocals) and John Simon (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning in the land that time forgot and spending time back in '68 when the music was great and otherwise the decade was pretty much f__ked in so many other ways. (just my point of view).
This is one sweet album…

14 Likes

10 Likes

John Martyn - One World
On CD

14 Likes

Bandstand [1972]
A bit more from Roger Chapman and Family.

11 Likes

Grover Washington Jr - Winelight

Sounding wonderful in all its 192/24 glory. Jeez, the man can blow the sax. Helped in no small way by a wonderful vocal contribution by Bill Withers - what’s not to like.

RIP BW.

8 Likes

Nadine Shah - Kitchen Sink

1 Like

Foreigner - Double Vision
On CD

3 Likes

I have no idea why, but this 1980, early digital transfer of this classic album is still for me the best-sounding vinyl version of Wish You Were Here. Lots of other people agree with me, and they don’t know why either. Anyway, who cares? Let’s boogie!

21 Likes

Willie Nelson - God’s Problem Child

5 Likes

Wish You Were Here [1975]
Joining Kev in a bit of Floyd, nothing particularly exotic by way of the CD rip from this 1983 CBS RE but it does have a great reputation as perhaps the best sounding CD version of WYWH.

20 Likes

Canned Heat. Living the blues. My favourite Heat album which I have on vinyl and cd but I’m lazily streaming tonight. The first disc has hit singles, long slow blues and boogie music ending with the experimental but enjoyable Parthenogenesis featuring John Mayall. The second disc is a live 40 min track with solos by each member and is much better than that sounds but it is disc one that you will remember as a classic in it’s own right.

“I’m goin’ where the water tastes like wine
Jump in the water, stay drunk all the time “
(Actually should be whisky but it doesn’t rhyme)

8 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the noon hour with this beautiful album released in 1990. A fantastic quartet with Sidsel lovely vocals and accompanied by three first class musicians to round out the quartet. This is one sweet album!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Best version I have heard is the two track Japanese first pressing but it goes for stupid money and IMHO the CBS discs is very good as well. I did get two copies of the CBS set for myself.

1 Like

Posted earlier today, interesting band never heard before

2 Likes

I haven’t heard that Japanese pressing Ewen so I am quite happy to sit this one out with the CBS unless something game changing comes along…
*Edit: A quick look on discogs is showing that this CBS CD is going for upwards of $US 200

https://open.qobuz.com/album/0881626100622

This just took me back to my early 20’s! Great to hear it again although it seems like it was almost from a previous lifetime.

15 Likes