What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Great version of SFTD - Play loud.

G

10 Likes

Whilst at school, studying CSE Music with Peter Wandless (yes 43 years ago :flushed:), we had to study three pieces of music / albums
Mozart’s Horn Concerto K447
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Mood
Fairport Convention - Babbacome Lee

We’d spend whole lessons listening to tracks from each album and discussing the composers, how they were recorded and the technology used, the stories behind the album etc.

Looking back, what fantastic lessons they were and it was thanks to Peter ‘Willie’ Wandless that I have the love of all types of music that I have today.

So, I’m now listening to this and obviously Dark Side of the Moon and Babbcombe Lee will have to be next.

4 Likes

ZZ Top - First Album
On Cd

10 Likes

7 Likes

Brilliant album and pity all his albums are out of print. Wish a label would pick them up and re-release them.

5 Likes

George Harrison, the album.

9 Likes

And now this

6 Likes

Pure Pleasure vinyl reissue of Harris’ 1966 brakout album:

5 Likes

A bit more Linval Thompson
I Love to Smoke Marijuana - Music on Vinyl Ltd Edition Orange vinyl.

3 Likes

Steve Miller Band - Let Your Hair Down, a selection of blues standards from The Space Cowboy.

6 Likes

Cheers, Ewe. Available on Tidal and very good it is. :+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Paul Simon
From the complete albums collection on CD

11 Likes

Harris’ The In Sound famously contains the original of “Freedom Jazz Dance”, which was covered by Miles Davis on this album, listened to here on an early 1980s vinyl pressing:

14 Likes

Bonny light horseman. One of the first albums I bought as a direct result of forum members recommendations. Beautiful. Is there anybody out there who doesn’t own this? Surely not.

11 Likes

Lambchop, Nixon.

10 Likes

Snarky Puppy Immigrance - 2019 GroundUP / EU CD / 193483246949

6 Likes

And now the third of the three
I know you are no longer with us, but ‘Willie’ Wandless, thank you :+1:

13 Likes

Eagles - Long Road Out of Eden

13 Likes

Me, but I’m probably going to investigate tomorrow. :thinking:

1 Like