What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Floyd Lee - Mean Blues
Recommend by Ewe. Must say bloody marvellous
Is that a creaking chair I hear

5 Likes

For me, this is one of Peter Gabriel’s best albums, especially this track

15 Likes

Frankie Laine. Compilation. My mum was a big fan of the westerns and used to take me to all the cowboy movies. So naturally she loved Frankie Laine. There are many great compilations.

4 Likes

Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues, a superb collection, with peerless vocals and a guest guitarist on every track.To my mind this is the very best of his solo work.

11 Likes

I love “modern” big band music – Don Ellis, Mike Westbrook, Maria Schneider, and of course Charles Tolliver’s Music Inc. Orchestra. From 1975, this is one of his greatest albums - on his own Strata-East label (Pure Pleasure/S-E reissue vinyl). The second side is just jaw-droppingly brilliant:

3 Likes

Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways
Loving this

10 Likes

Gary Burton + Chick Corea + Pat Metheny + Roy Haynes + Dave Holland - Like Minds

6 Likes

David Bowie - Young Americans (2016 Remaster)
Taken from The Who Can I Be Now? [1974-1976] CD Box Set

13 Likes

Herb Alpert. The lonely bull. It started with playing a bit of Herb one sunny morning and now I’ve become obsessed. This is his debut from 1962. This highlights the wonder of streaming.

3 Likes

Jess Williamson - Sorceress

4 Likes

Ryan Adams - “Gold”
one of his very best

10 Likes

Really getting into this having watched them on iPlayer Glastonbury…

The 1975. I Like It When You Sleep , for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It…

1 Like

Is it really digital? That’s the version I like best, too, but I always thought it was AAA. At any rate it sounds sublime as @seakayaker would say.

Claude

Robin Trower - Long Misty Days

7 Likes

I’ve not played this for ages and felt like some Americans for a change. What a good album.

4 Likes

The Electric Light Orchestra, a shame the Wood/Lynne partnership only lasted for this, their debut album.

12 Likes

I’m obviously being a bit nostalgic today, Growing Up Live
I saw Peter Gabriel’s tour twice (Growing Up and Still Growing Up)
In 2003 and 2004.

8 Likes

Chris Whitley - “Rocket House”

3 Likes

Santana - Beyond Appearances
Album 14 from The Columbia Studio Albums Collection

12 Likes