What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

81uDKjukEHL.SS500
Gary Clark Jr. - Blak And Blu, time for some modern blues rock, although some of his Hendrix influences are a little too obvious.

10 Likes

Blue Water Highway Band - Things We Carry

A fine Country (with a small c) band. Great vocals, musicianship and choons - nothing else to say really.

A few years ago I would have hated this kind of stuff, now I love it. Go figure!

3 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

16 Likes

I too enjoy reading why people like things.

I recently punted on an album in a charity shop - turned out to be small c country (would not have gussed from cover) but 2 of the tracks I really like, despite myself.
Who knows perhaps the rest will too…
great music is great music (personal taste obviously) and music on good/great hi-fi is always interesting

1 Like

Lee Scratch Perry - Disco Devil Vol1 (Studio 16 LP)
Labour of love restoration and mastering from essential but almost impossible to find original JA 12" Black Ark period LSP live and direct from Colin Young at See Why Audio

:heart:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Chris Thomas King - Rise

2 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

10 Likes

I saw them in Feb 77 at Birmingham Odeon, my first proper concert. Jeez it was loud.

I’ve seen the LS Knebworth footage and it is excellent imho. Was that the time the Stones came on about midnight after 10cc spent hours setting up and everyone was getting a bit cheesed? Loved to have been there!

Sibelius. Vinyl. A £2 charity shop find. Excellent.

8 Likes

Macy Gray - On How Life Is.

14 Likes

One of my favourite albums!

1 Like

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul

Wow!

An object lesson in where less is more. Beautiful, sparse instrumentals push that gorgeous voice to the fore, where it belongs!

Sublime.

15 Likes

On vinyl… :grin: :sunglasses: :notes:

16 Likes

Doyle Bramhall ll & Smokestack - Welcome, an early album of blues rock from a talented guitarist who today is lauded just as much for his production skills.

6 Likes

Corinne Bailey Rae.

12 Likes

Adam Douglas - Better Angles

A record that’ll get yer feet a’tappin’ and put a smile on yer face.

Joyous!

4 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

…Disco Devil Vol 2 (Studio 16)

:heart:

3 Likes