What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Wilco play Glasgow on a regular basis and have caught them 4/5 times, all excellent. I have seen Sonic Youth a few times, the highlight being the Dirty tour supported by Pavement.

1 Like

Staying with “Johnny Rhythm”

81uZSUFFNXL.SS500
John Lennon - Walls and Bridges.

11 Likes

Its on a regular rotation with me since it’s release, definitely ticks a number of boxes nicely.

Heads up for Beeb 2 tonight.

22.00 :

Phil Lynott - Songs for While I’m Away.

The life and music of the Thin Lizzy frontman, told extensively through the words of Lynott himself.

23.30 :

Live gig from The Regal Theatre in Hitchin, Herts. from January 1983.

12.00 a.m. :

The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities.

An examination of how the harder sounds of Belfast merged with the more folk-centric traditions of Dublin.

15 Likes

Nels Cline is an amazing guitarist.

1 Like

3 Likes

:+1::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Personally I dont consider them expensive, AAA mastering, RTI pressed, gatefold Tip On Stoughton Sleeves. A lot of love goes into these and at around £35 more than worth it.
I’d rather buy 3 TP’s for the (over) price of say a Mofi One Step or AP UHQR for example.
Enjoy
:heart:

I wonder how that sounds compared to the Japanese CD version which I received this morning.

1 Like

Alborosie- Soul Pirate (Forward Recordings LP)

The debut from Italian Reggae artist Alborosie. Alborosie made JA is home moving from Sicily and set up shop there releasing this bona fide contemporary Classic in 2008. A very talented artist imo who is unfairly attacked by some sections of the JA music fraternity alleging cultural appropriation

2 Likes

This is a real treat for the ears.

G

6 Likes

I compared the various Doors CD releases I have with their Hi-Res releases which I also own. Seems to me the albums were so well recorded there’s very little extra to be gained from them but of course the hi res releases tend to have many extra tracks my old CDs don’t. I would love to hear what you think of you can do a comparison :+1:t2:

1 Like

The Black Keys - Delta Kream (Easy Eye Sound 2LP)

Blowing the cobwebs with the Keys recent covers album

19 Likes

Merle Haggard. Christmas Present. Vinyl.

5 Likes

Howlin Wolf’ - Moanin In The Moonlight ( Marble Arch Mono LP 1966)

Marble Arch were a budget label sold in places like Woolworths iirc. This sounds great, Wolf’s voice leaps out the speakers and the overall sound is really exciting, edgy, exhilarating and musically akin to a white knuckle ride just as this music should sound, phew!

14 Likes

The Who - My Generation (Classic Records/Brunswick LP)

19 Likes

<<>>

Happy 66th Birthday Cassandra Wilson! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 4th December 1955 at Jackson, Mississippi :us:

9 Likes

12 Likes

Hi Steve,

I gave it a few listens yesterday. I would not say it is too Christmasy, although the last song has the multitudes wishing you a Merry Christmas. I do like their version of John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (war is over)”.

I’d suggest trying to sample it if you can.

Best regards,
Pat

1 Like

Elizabeth and the Catapult - sincerely, e
CD|2021

Followed by Rhiannon Giddens With Francesco Turrisi ‎– They’re Calling Me Home
CD|2021

4 Likes