What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Talk Talk - It’s My Life
On Vinyl

23 Likes

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Sides 3&4

21 Likes

Here are the details the two CD package contains the three albums.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Uma Elmo

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Piccolo Trumpet) and Jorge Rossy (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… taking out Jakob’s latest release for a second time and loving this album! The second track ‘To Stanko’ is sounding mighty sweet at the moment…

5 Likes

ECM ‘Flying High’

Bengt Knussens Trombone
Engvar Klop Vibraphone
Nels Fingt Drums

G

Loving all the Nightdreamer Sessions ( Turkish Psyche Rock anyone?)

But for me this is the jewel in the crown.
Fusion of Indian Classical, Jazz, EDM

Reminds me of the Joe Harriott/John Meyer Double Quintet fusion records from way back, but taken further out

20210213_161923
R-14634514-1578603449-2444.jpeg R-2324490-1509023613-9685.jpeg
:heart:

4 Likes

Thanks.

So, are these completely different versions to the Lifehouse Elements CD?

The Discogs listed one is rather expensive, seems it will be hard to track down.

1 Like

Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs
Great album.
Released 2001-10-09.

With the fabulous Sharon Robinson

14 Likes

Ah there you have me as Lifehouse is one of the only album(s) I’m sad to say I don’t have - but some of the tracks do appear on the expanded Who Came First album.

Chuck Prophet - The Land That Time Forgot. Released last year, I’m really enjoying this first listen to this album. Although I knew his name from Green On Red, I’m not too familiar with his work, but listening to this I think I need to put that right. Americana with some interesting lyrics.

3 Likes

I will do some investigating. I’m curious to hear these new to me versions, if that’s what they are.

Though I’ve only got the single disc not the 6CD Lifehouse set, so the majority of that is awaiting discovery too.

1 Like

Hi Neil. I wasn’t addressing my remarks to you. Paul C wrote: “17-11-70 (known as 11-17-70 in the United States). What is wrong with them!”

That seems like unnecessary, knee-jerk, anti-American BS. And I will call that out.

Anyway, back to the music. I’ve never heard/heard of Axel Flovent, so I’ll put that right later.

1 Like

Why? Because I enjoy it, and it’s the only album I’ve heard mention ‘Sunderland’!

8 Likes

Prompted by an earlier mention of Sarathy Korwar. This is the live My East Is Your West.

4 Likes

I thought he was you under a pseudonym🤣

This girl popped up on Qobuz, one to watch

5 Likes

Make yer mind up @Gazza, last month ye thought ah wis Keef! :joy:

1 Like

Gosh you have a good memory👍

Sounds like a Soft Cell album!