What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Jethro Tull - We Used to Know / For a Thousand Mothers Live At Isle Of Wight

7 Likes

Them tuning up is great.

Jethro Tull - We Used to Know - Tanglewood 1970

3 Likes

Jethro Tull - We Used To Know & For A Thousand Mothers Live at Carnegie Hall 1970

5 Likes

Led Zeppelin - In the Light (1990 Remaster)

19 Likes

Melanie at Woodstock

5 Likes

Nev Cottee - Broken Flowers

Nev comes from the Gainbourg/Hazlewood school.

3 Likes

Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (Remaster)

16 Likes

5 Likes

Angus and Julia Stone Down the Way

9 Likes

Totally! Thought the song is so timely… pretender, alone (not exactly), even the album art too… :sweat_smile:

What am I gonna do today?
Walk to the …
Check out the war zone
Check the lists to see what’s good on
Oh there’s one I’ve been wanting to see
Anyone up for a movie? I am

Nobody tells me I can’t
Nobody tells me I shan’t
No one to say “you’re doing it wrong”

1 Like

Kandace Springs the women who raised me.

Don’t know if it’s just me, unintentionally I am comparing KS’ Devil May Care with Diana Krall’s. So unfair. Each has her own style and expression but it’s involuntary. May be Diana Krall’s put a spell on me… :weary:

12 Likes

17 Likes

Andrew Bird My Finest Work Yet

6 Likes

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Great Thunder

Katie Crutchfield (Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Synth, Percussion, Omnichord), Brad Cook (Guitar, Bass, Piano, Synth, Omnichord) and Zach Hanson (Percussion, Banjo).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… I placed this in the queue a while back and finally getting around to giving this album a spin, and it is sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Katie Crutchfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, keys), Brad Cook (bass, acoustic guitar, piano, keys, synth), Bobby Colombo (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys), Bill Lennox (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys, percussion), Nick Kinsey (drums, percussion) and Josh Kaufman (electric guitars, piano, organ, percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the late afternoon with Waxahatchee’s ‘Saint Cloud’ album. Katie’s vocals and the band are sounding sublime!

13 Likes

Bruce Springsteen Letter to You

17 Likes

Now playing…

Arve Henriksen - Cartography

Arve Henriksen (Trumpet, Voice, Field Recording), David Sylvian (Voice, Samples, Programming), Jan Bang (Live Sampling, Samples, Programming, Beats, Bass Line, Dictaphone, Organ Samples, Arrangement), Eivind Aarset (Guitars), Lars Danielsson (Double-Bass), Anna Maria Friman (Voice), Audun Kleive (Percussion, Drums), Erik Honoré (Synthesizer, Samples, Field Recording, Choir Samples), Helge Sunde (String Arrangement, Programming), Arnaud Mercier (Treatments), Trio Mediaeval (Voice Sample), Vérène Andronikof (Vocals), Vytas Sondeckis (Vocal Arrangement) and Ståle Storløkken (Synthesizer, Samples).

Streaming on Qobus (96/24)… after listening to the new album ‘UMA ELMO’ from Jakob Bro earlier today and listening Arve’s fine trumpet I wanted to take out his fabulous 2010 release. …and it is sounding sublime!

4 Likes

14 Likes

9 Likes

ChangesNowBowie

17 Likes