What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Diana Krall - All for You: A Dedication to the Nat King Cole Trio

Works it’s magic just as well in the morning as the evening.

Phil

17 Likes

1 Like

12 Likes

Thanks, I’d missed this.

1 Like

Eggs Over Easy - Good ‘N’ Cheap
The legendary American band that started the entire British pub rock movement in the early ‘70’s

8 Likes

I recently posted a list of working and good Jazz stations that I have on the Internet Radio topic at ( Best internet radio anyone? - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community. They also cover some of the jazz sub-genres. Here is a choice for your daughter to explore.

1 Like

Brinsley Swartz Silver Pistol

:heart:

4 Likes

Pugsley Munion - Just Like You
A lost gem from this heavy psychedelic rock trio. Another find from the ATV+ series For All Mankind.

5 Likes

King Crimson - Red

Starless and peerless.

9 Likes

Never heard of em, just looked up a review, interesting band and recorded at Bell Sound. Going to add this to my round tooit playlist

1 Like

I have a great album by the Christian McBride trio recorded live at the Village Vanguard and only recently discovered that this album was recorded by the very same trio. They may look like estate agents on the cover but the music within is cool and swinging.

7 Likes

“if anyone tells you that there’s no such thing as good British reggae, first tell them they’re a herbert, then show them Black Roots.” John Peel

R-2110022-1396789671-4337.jpeg R-2110022-1396789693-5049.jpeg

Big up John Peel

As is often the case original LP is the way to go (the stream sounds like its dubbed from the LP, pity)

4 Likes

5 Likes

America ‘Hat Trick’. The loopyness of this track carried off with wonderful harmonies.

Difficult to fault any of the trio’s early albums…and they are all really well engineered.

G

7 Likes

Now out on lovely Tone Poet LP pressing​:+1::heart:

1 Like

Another great band from the Bristol Reggae scene.
Worked hard to get these booked at my local arts centre just down the road, now postponed til 2022.
The I-Surrection album followed by the Oldwah Deconstruction version

20210223_152549
Record Shop | Sugar Shack Records
http://www.sugarshackrecords.co.uk/record-shop/

1 Like

Tash Sultana - Terra Firma
Thanks to @Hamiltonnz for this recommendation, this album really shows there talent as a guitar player, the majority of the album was recorded, written and performed solely by them. They are a one man band, they learnt guitar from there grandfather at the age of 3 and they play 20 instruments on the album. A Groovy and Soulful album.

4 Likes

White Stripes - White Blood Cells.

Having a LOUD afternoon with White Stripes before the footy in couple of hours, involving , of course, The Mighty Whites!

13 Likes

Wishbone Ash - Their Greatest Hits

6 Likes

EFFS (Erren, Fleissig, Schöttler, Steffen) | Ouddorp Tapes | 2011
It’s been a few years since I’ve had this Berlin School electronica out to play, it’s the first album of their Ouddorp trilogy recorded over four years that includes Ouddorp Takes and Night on Ouddorp.

3 Likes